Reframing enterprise architecture
Reframing enterprise architecture
How and why to expand EA scope beyond IT
About the Book
This anthology from the Tetradian weblog explores why we need to expand enterprise-architecture from its IT-centric roots into a true whole-of-enterprise scope and scale, and how to do this in architecture-practice.
This book includes about 40 posts and 95 images from the weblog. These posts are split into six groups:
- Selling EA - describes how to present to potential clients the full role and value of enterprise-architecture.
- Saving EA - provides a structured review of challenges and failure-points that limit the use of mainstream enterprise-architectures beyond IT.
- Reframing EA - explores practices and themes that would need to be addressed in a whole-of-enterprise architecture.
- The No-Plan Plan - presents a summary of content required for whole-enterprise architecture.
- Whole-EA Standard - outlines the structure and content for a proposed standard for whole-enterprise architecture.
- The Big-Picture - assesses what would be needed to extend whole-enterprise architecture to a fully global scope and scale.
- REFRAME: INTRODUCTION
- REFRAME: SELLING EA
Selling EA - 1: What do EA clients want?
- What’s the problem?
- What do EA clients want?
- Selling EA - 2: The value-proposition
- Selling EA - 3: What and how
Selling EA - 4: Proving value, and pricing
- What’s the value?
- REFRAME: SAVING EA
Saving enterprise-architecture from itself - 1: Introduction
- A practical example
Saving enterprise-architecture from itself - 2: Personal background
- Who the heck am I to talk?
- Two EA gigs…
- …and an EA disaster
- Saving enterprise-architecture from itself - 3: Skills and certification
- Saving enterprise-architecture from itself - 4: Responsibility
- Saving enterprise-architecture from itself - 5: What next?
- REFRAME: REFRAMING EA
A kind of manifesto
- Reframing the way I work
- Confirming the direction
- Enterprise-architecture - it’s about (much) more than just IT
- IT - it’s about (much) more than just ‘digital-stuff’
- Digital-transformation - it’s about (much) more than just digital
- REFRAME: THE NO-PLAN PLAN
- Making plans, sort-of
- More on the ‘no-plan Plan’
- The no-plan Plan: the ‘why’ of architecture
- The no-plan Plan: architecture as story
- The no-plan Plan: architecture for change
- The no-plan Plan: architecture-dynamics
- The no-plan Plan: people in architecture
- The no-plan ‘Plan’ for whole-enterprise architecture – a summary
- REFRAME: WHOLE-EA STANDARD
- Towards a whole-enterprise architecture standard - 1: Introduction
Towards a whole-enterprise architecture standard - 2: Core
Towards a whole-enterprise architecture standard - 3: Method
Towards a whole-enterprise architecture standard - 4: Content
Towards a whole-enterprise architecture standard - 5: Practices and toolsets
Towards a whole-enterprise architecture standard - 6: Training
Towards a whole-enterprise architecture standard - Worked-example
- Phase 1: Purpose, ‘Why?’
- Phase 2: People, ‘Who?’
- Phase 3: Preparation, ‘How?’
- Phase 4: Process, ‘What? Where? When?’
- Phase 5: Performance, ‘Success’
- …and moving on
- Towards a whole-enterprise architecture standard - Summary
- Methods for whole-enterprise architecture - Keep it simple
- REFRAME: BIG-PICTURE
- A post-truth era?
- A post-jobs era?
- A post-rights era?
- The Really Big Picture for enterprise-architecture
- Looking at the big picture
- The gift of a world
RBP-EA: From ‘Really Big Picture’ into real-world practice
- A bit of background
- The Really Big Picture
- Putting this into practice
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.