Enterprise Architecture frameworks: Beyond IT
Enterprise Architecture frameworks: Beyond IT
More frameworks and methods for EA
About the Book
This anthology from the Tetradian weblog focuses on tools and frameworks used in various forms of enterprise-architecture, typically beyond IT alone.
This book includes about 35 posts and 75 images from the weblog. These posts are split into eight small groups:
- Frameworks: SCORE and Strategy - describes the purpose and usages of the SCORE tool for high-level planning and strategic review.
- Frameworks: Change-Mapping - addresses specific aspects of the Change-mapping framework for guidance of change.
- Frameworks: NOTES - introduces the NOTES framework, a story-oriented method for architecture development and validation.
- Frameworks: The This Game - presents a game-like method for modelling the elements of an enterprise.
- Frameworks: VPEC-T - discusses applications for the VPEC-T framework (Values, Policies, Events, Content, Trust) developed by Carl Bate and Nigel Green.
- Frameworks: Spiral Dynamics - outlines a reframe for the Spiral Dynamics model of social-dynamics.
- Frameworks: Other Frameworks - provides overviews and summaries for a variety of other tools and frameworks.
- Frameworks: Related-Themes - explores a wide range of other topics related to frameworks and tools for architectures.
- FRAMEWORKS: INTRODUCTION
- FRAMEWORKS: SCORE AND STRATEGY
Checking the SCORE
- A bit of background
- Moving to SCORE
- SCORE dimensions
- Using SCORE
- Simplifying SCORE
- More on simplifying SCORE
- Simplifying SCORE, again
- Using SCORE to reframe the business-model
- Another view on SCORE
- FRAMEWORKS: CHANGE-MAPPING
- On Change-mapping - books and more
- Change-mapping: Plan and Action
- Architecture basics: The structure of a task
- FRAMEWORKS: NOTES
- NOTES - an alternative approach for EA
- NOTES - putting it into practice
- Some notes on NOTES
NOTES - actors, agents and extras in the enterprise
- Practical implications for enterprise architecture
- FRAMEWORKS: THE THIS GAME
- This: an exploratory game for service-oriented EA
- More on the ‘This’ game for enterprise-architecture
- The ‘This’ game and EA toolsets
- Using the ‘This’ game in EA modelling
- FRAMEWORKS: VPEC-T
- VPEC-T and Market Model
Not quite VPEC-T
- Service-flow content
- Five Elements
- Strategy and lifecycle completion
- More on ‘Not-quite VPEC-T’
- Identifying meaning in context: VPECS and VPEC-T
- FRAMEWORKS: SPIRAL DYNAMICS
- Dimensions of a Spiral
- More on ‘Dimensions of a Spiral’
- Another note on Spiral Dynamics
- FRAMEWORKS: OTHER FRAMEWORKS
- A structure for enterprise-vision
- How to get enterprise-architecture on TRAK
- Twitter as environmental-scanning (‘A week in Tweets’)
- FRAMEWORKS: RELATED-THEMES
- Signs of movement at the EA Corral
- Abstruse arguments on EA frameworks
- Between the boxes
Framework versus body-of-knowledge
- Round the bend
- An inventory of sorts
- An inventory, sorted
- The bucket-list - a keyword-schema
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.