Take Control of Lightroom CC
Last updated on 2018-02-13
About the Book
As more and more of us access and edit photos on many different devices—laptops, desktops, tablets, and phones—we increasingly expect a seamless experience, with our images and edits showing up on all our devices, immediately. To accommodate this shift, Adobe has released a new version of its Lightroom application, Lightroom CC, that is specifically designed for cloud interaction. Lightroom CC has also been streamlined and simplified, meant to appeal to those who want to do more than the basics with their photos, but who are intimidated by Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop.
In Take Control of Lightroom CC, photography expert Jeff Carlson gives a thorough, but accessible, guide to the new Lightroom CC. He explains where it fits in the Lightroom ecosystem, then moves on to detail how to import, manage, and professionally edit your photos using Lightroom CC. For those who want to keep using Lightroom Classic CC, he also looks at how the two programs can work together.
With this book, you’ll:
- Get the big picture: See how Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic (as well as Lightroom Mobile and Lightroom for Web) work together
- Build your photo library: Learn how to import photos from cameras, memory cards, and locations on your hard disk; automatically add mobile photos; and sync photos, taking advantage of Lightroom CC’s cloud-focused features.
- Organize your photos: Organize your photo library with rating and tagging, find photos using Adobe Sensei, manage your storage options, and back up your library.
- Edit your photos: Get a handle on essential editing basics (like working in the Edit panel); use crop, straighten, rotate and flip to re-orient photos; adjust lighting, color, and appearance; and apply presets.
- Share your photos: Post images directly to your friends online in Facebook, export them to disk in order to share them elsewhere, or make an entire album public for people to view and, optionally, to download.
- Work with Lightroom Classic CC: Learn how to migrate a Classic catalog, or discover how to run both programs together.
Read Me First
- Updates and More
- What’s New in Version 1.1
- Lightroom CC Quick Start
- Understand the Lightroom Ecosystem
Build Your Photo Library
- Import Photos
- Automatically Add Mobile Photos
- Sync Photos
Organize Your Photos
- View Your Library
- Rate and Tag Your Photos
- Find Your Photos
- Delete Photos
- Build Albums
- Manage Storage on Disk
- Back Up Your Library
Improve Your Photos
- Essential Editing Basics
- Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
- Adjust Lighting, Color, and Appearance
- Heal Areas and Remove Objects
- Adjust Specific Areas
- Apply Presets
- Edit in Photoshop
Share Your Photos
- Send to Facebook
- Export to Disk
- Share via Lightroom for Web
Work with Lightroom Classic
- Migrate a Classic Catalog
- The Two-Lightroom Strategy
About This Book
- Ebook Extras
- About the Author
- About the Publisher
- Copyright and Fine Print
This book is published on Leanpub by Take Control Books
With its Take Control series of ebooks, alt concepts inc. covers a wide range of technology topics, with a special emphasis on Apple products and services. Our catalog comprises over 100 titles, and we’ve sold hundreds of thousands of ebooks in the process of providing expert advice and technical know-how to tens of thousands of readers around the world. Join us today!
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.