Setting up ES6
Setting up ES6
About the Book
- 1. About this book
2. Deploying ECMAScript 6
- 2.1 Using ECMAScript 6 today
- 2.2 ES6 REPLs
- 2.3 Transpilation tools
- 2.4 Other useful ES6 tools and libraries
- 2.5 The future: native ES6
- 2.6 Are there ES6 features that can’t be transpiled to ES5?
3. Babel setups for browsers and Node.js
- 3.1 npm and local installs
- 3.2 Source maps
- 3.3 Browser setup: ES6 via webpack and Babel
- 3.4 Node.js setup: Dynamically transpiled ES6 via Babel
- 3.5 Node.js setup: Statically transpiled ES6 via Babel
4. Configuring Babel 6
- 4.1 Installing Babel 6
- 4.2 Configuration data
- 4.3 Sources of configuration data
- 4.4 More information
5. Babel: configuring standard library and helpers
- 5.1 Overview
- 5.2 External dependencies of transpiled code
- 5.3 External dependencies via global variables
- 5.4 External dependencies via module imports
- 5.5 What should I use when?
6. Babel’s loose mode
- 6.1 Two modes
- 6.2 Example: the output of normal mode and loose mode
7. Babel and CommonJS modules
- 7.1 ES6 modules vs. CommonJS modules
- 7.2 How Babel compiles ES6 modules to CommonJS
- 7.3 How Babel imports CommonJS modules
- 7.4 Recommendations
- 8.1 Why we bundle modules
- 8.3 Future developments and bundling
- 8.4 Further reading
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.