Retrospectives for Organizational Change
Last updated on 2019-02-15
About the Book
Paperback is available on Amazon!
In this book, Jutta Eckstein examines how retrospectives –originally a kind of a facilitated workshop for gaining feedback– can be applied conceptually to initiate and implement organizational change. Technically, retrospectives were an instrument for a group to examine a past joint period of time and learn from that. The participants of a Retrospective for Organizational Change do not share a joint past, yet they learn from their different individual experiences and use this as a basis to form a shared future. The main strength is to leverage the experiences of a diverse group. Especially if the change is dynamic, which means the approach toward the goal is unclear or if it is complex, where the goal itself is in-determinate, Retrospectives for Organizational Change can provide a way to support the change. This book covers the conceptual idea of using Retrospectives for Organizational Change and additionally reports on the feedback and experiences of its practical application.
Linda Rising, co-author of Fearless Change
Lead Change in an Organization
Of course, there are other books on the protocols and exercises for retrospectives, but these don't share the "whys" of this important ritual. What Jutta has done for us is provide real experience reports that show how useful retrospectives can be and share her research around using retrospectives to lead change in an organization. Get this book and read it!
- List of Figures
- 1. Preface
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Objective
4. Design and Function of Retrospectives
- 4.1 Duration, Participation, Attitude
- 4.2 Purpose
- 4.3 Phases
5. Challenges in Organizational Change
- 5.1 Different Kinds of Change
- 5.2 Unclear Goals
- 5.3 Increase in Demand for Participation
6. Enabling Organizational Change
- 6.1 Diversity in Participation
- 6.2 Existing Experiences
- 6.3 Deciding What to Do
- 6.4 Relation and Demarcation to other Methods
7. Heuristic Evidence
- 7.1 Usefulness for Change Management
- 7.2 Adaptive Action and Retrospectives
8. Experiences with Exemplary Applications
- 8.1 Feedback on the Meta-Level
- 8.2 Enabling Complex Change
- 8.3 Enabling Dynamic Change
- 9. Reflection on the Suggested Method
- 10. Closing Remarks
- Reference List
- Results from Open Space at RfG 2012/13
- Protocol of Workshop at XP 2013
- Protocol of Enabling a Dynamic Change
- Protocol of Enabling a Complex Change
- About the Author
- Other Books by the Authors
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.