Python Command Line Tools
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2020-06-26
About the Book
This book will teach you to master the ultimate UI, the command-line, using the powerful Click Framework in Python.
Chapter 1: Getting Started with Click
- What is wrong with the alternatives
- A helpful Hello World
- Map a function to a command
Chapter 2: Test with Click
- Test a small click app
Chapter 3: Understand IPython
- Using IPython, Jupyter, Colab and Python executable
Chapter 4: Integrating Linux Commands with Click
- Understand subprocess
- Parsing Results
- Shell Safety
Chapter 5: Writing pure Bash or ZSH command-line tools
- Understanding environmental variables
- Understand shell profiles
- Write Shell functions
Chapter 6: Use Advanced Click Features
Chapter 7: Turbocharging Click
- Using The Numba JIT (Just in time Compiler)
- Running True Multi-Core Multithreaded Python using Numba
Chapter 8: Integrate Click with the Cloud
- Cloud Developer Workflow
- Using Cloud-based development environments
- Build a Computer Vision Tool with AWS Boto3
Chapter 9: Case Studies
- Distribute a containerized click application to DockerHub
- Converting a Command-line tool to a Web Service
- Documenting your Project with Sphinx
Chapter 10: Command-line Rosetta Stone
- R Hello World
- Bash Hello World
- Go Hello World
- Node Hello World
- Multi-paradigm Node.js
- Python Hello World
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.