Learn Pandas Basics in Weekend
Learn Pandas Basics in Weekend
Learn Pandas in Weekend Part I.
About the Book
The goal this weekend is to introduce a foundation of pandas by thoroughly inspecting the Series and DataFrame data structures. It is vital for pandas users to know each component of the Series and the DataFrame, and to understand that each column of data in pandas holds precisely one data type.
Also, you will learn how to select a single column of data from a DataFrame, which is returned as a Series. Working with this one-dimensional object makes it easy to show how different methods and operators work. Many Series methods return another Series as output. This leads to the possibility of calling further methods in succession, which is known as method chaining.
- 1. Dissecting the anatomy of a DataFrame (2 steps)
- 2. Accessing the main DataFrame components (4 steps)
- 3. Understanding data types (2 steps)
- 4. Selecting a single column of data as a Series (4 steps)
- 5. Calling Series methods (12 steps)
- 6. Working with operators on a Series (5 steps)
- 7. Chaining Series methods together (4 steps)
- 8. Making the index meaningful (2 steps)
- 9. Renaming row and column names (3 steps)
- 10. Creating and deleting columns (11 steps)
- 11. Selecting multiple DataFrame columns (2 steps)
- 12. Selecting columns with methods (5 steps)
- 13. Ordering column names sensibly (5 steps)
- 14. Operating on the entire DataFrame (5 steps)
- 15. Chaining DataFrame methods together (4 steps)
- 16. Working with operators on a DataFrame (5 steps)
- 17. Comparing missing values (6 steps)
- 18. Transposing the direction of a DataFrame operation (5 steps)
- 19. Determining college campus diversity (9 steps)
- 20. Summary.
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.