IoT Development and Testing Part 1
This book is 99% complete
Last updated on 2017-11-03
About the Book
We offer this series of eBooks to help teams to become a success while moving into Internet of Things (IoT) development and testing. The book’s focus is on testing but in IoT, we believe teams should not separate development and testing efforts too far from each other. Our experience is that IoT teams must consider all facets of the hardware, software, system, and operations in order to be successful. Further, we believe that teams coming from environments where one area or effort over another was the focus will have learning curves to deal with sooner or later.
- About the Authors:
Introduction – What is the Internet of Things (IoT), V&V, and Testing?
- What This Book Addresses
A brief history of technology in time and space
- IoT market segments
- A Sampling of IoT challenges in development and testing
- IOT examples of development impacts to testing
- Examples of how the IoT device impacts testers
- The Industry’s Rush into IoT systems: Dangers
- Development, testing, and Operations: Systems, Hardware, Software, and Communication-Integration
- Verification, Validation, and Testing Concepts
- Using Integrity Levels in IoT Devices to Allocate V&V/Test Approaches
Organizational Ability Levels Entering into IoT Dev and Testing
- “Newbie” Companies- Level 1
- Companies with some experience and success moving into IoT- level 2
- Government organization
- Highly Experienced Company level 3
Getting started with IoT
- IoT Key 1: Ubiquitous user interface needed for IoT devices with constant communications
- IoT Key 2: Learning from Data Analytics to Drive IoT Dev and Test
- IoT Key 3: Unique and Specialized Hardware (working to be a system)
- IoT Key 4: V&V/Test for IoT
- Appendix A: References for Additional Learning
Glossary of Definitions
- Definition, Reference Links, and Acronyms
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.