How To Test
Last updated on 2016-04-14
About the Book
A few years ago, myself and Bernice Ruhland were having a similar problem. How do you help to develop someone who is new to testing?
We wanted to make a quick, easy-to-work through guide for people new to testing. Our target would be people who were considering a career in testing. But it would also be of use of people within IT who wanted to know more about the core skills of testing.
The book also needed to be free. Both Bernice and I have received a lot of help from other testers around the world on a spectrum of subjects, and we wanted to "pay it forward". Welcome to that book!
- How to use this book
- Chapter 1 - Why does the world need testers?
- Chapter 2 - The test spectrum
Chapter 3 - The heuristic test model
- An introduction to oracles and heuristics
- Testing registration
- Browsers variation
- User login
- Representing scenarios as a mind map
- Account self-management
Chapter 4 - Observation skills
- Example 1 - Comprehension test
- Example 2 - Women on a roof
- Chapter 5 - Raising a defect
- Chapter 6 - Exploratory testing
Chapter 8 - Browser testing
- Browser evolution
- Supporting cross browser testing
- What to test when cross-browser testing
- Chapter 9 - Testing responsive design on mobiles
Chapter 10 – The world wide test community
- So what next?
- Test Resources
- Testing Folk
- Kiwi testers
- Passionate testers
- The kids at the back of the bus
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...