Hands-On Multi-Cloud Kubernetes
Hands-On Multi-Cloud Kubernetes
Multi-cluster kubernetes administration with FluxCD, Virtual Kubelet, Submariner and KubeFed
About the Book
"Hands-On Multi-Cloud Kubernetes" is an essential guide for anyone looking to understand Kubernetes and how it can be used to manage multi-cloud infrastructure. With eight comprehensive chapters, this book provides hands-on experience in setting up Kubernetes clusters, administering deployments and updates, and working with AWS and GCP tools.
Readers will learn to work with various powerful tools, including Helm, FluxCD, Virtual Kubelet, Submariner, and KubeFed. With GitOps principles and workflows, they will practice continuous delivery and learn to manage secrets and config maps. They will build and deploy serverless clusters using Virtual Kubelet and learn to scale them across multiple cloud environments. They will even be introduced to cross-cluster networking with Submariner, where they will learn to perform service discovery, load balancing, and monitor networking metrics.
Managing multi-cluster Kubernetes can be a daunting task, but with KubeFed, readers will gain the skills necessary to set up and deploy multicluster federations, making it easier than ever to administer their own infrastructure. And with multi-cloud CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, they will perform end-to-end multi-cloud operations, ensuring their code is delivered quickly and efficiently.
Finally, the book covers security in Kubernetes, giving readers the tools and knowledge to configure RBAC, Kubernetes network policies, and secure data over Kubernetes clusters. They will even learn to use Open Policy Agent to manage compliance, ensuring that their infrastructure is powerful and secure.
- Learn Multi-cloud Kubernetes from fundamentals to advanced concepts and tools
- Setting up and managing Kubernetes clusters on multi-cloud infrastructure
- Working with powerful tools like Helm, FluxCD, and Virtual Kubelet
- Utilize Submariner for cross-cluster networking, service discovery, and load balancing
- CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins for end-to-end multi-cloud operations
- Practice GitOps principles and workflows for continuous delivery
- Building and deploying serverless clusters using Virtual Kubelet
- Managing multiple Kubernetes clusters as a single entity with KubeFed
- Security in Kubernetes with RBAC, network policies, and Open Policy Agent
Table of Content
- Introduction to Multi-cloud Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Cluster Management and Deployment
- Using FluxCD
- Virtual Kubelet and Serverless Clusters
- Networking with Submariner
- MultiCluster Management and Federation
- Multi-cloud CI/CD Pipelines
- Security in Multi-cloud Kubernetes
This book is ideal for cloud professionals, the DevOps team, Kubernetes developers, and networking professionals to explore multi-cloud networking, working with multi clusters, deploying Kubernetes, and getting skilled with various innovative Kubernetes tools. Knowing cloud networking or Kubernetes is sufficient to begin with the book.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.