A Genuine Content Strategy for the Reluctant Marketer
About the Book
“There’s a sucker born every minute”
- At Least One Marketing Executive
Thankfully, the free flow of digital information threatens the world’s supply of ‘suckers,’ and that’s fantastic news. As a human with Internet access, your search request puts every big brand, solo blogger, little startup, and rising social media star on an even playing field. The wide variety among search results and social media posts helps you filter the authentic from the awful. And if you are capable of doing that, so are your customers.
If you’re tired of competing for attention with gimmicks, writing content that oversells, or having to be the ‘best’ at all times, you’ve come to the right place. This book provides a content strategy that places the reader first. As a reader of content yourself, you search the Internet for high-quality objective information, not sales pitches. This strategy helps you design information for your potential customers, lead them to your business, and once they’ve converted, nurture that relationship.
The Good Content strategy accomplishes those goals by dividing content into 3 familiar funnels:
- Top: Here your content serves the reader’s needs, helps them, entertains them, and does so with little or no branding. This stage earns their respect and builds their trust.
- Middle: Interested readers dig deeper to discover more. This content engages them by writing from their prospective and the benefits they receive from you and your business.
- Post: After the reader converts to a paying customer, you serve them personalized content that enriches their experience and grows the relationship.
Along the way, you maximize content potential by studying metrics and data at every step.
This Strategy Is Not for Everyone
- Good Content requires candor; some find it difficult to write truthfully
- Good Content requires you respect and acknowledge your competitors; not all feel able or ready to do so
- Good Content demands that you support your decisions with data; some find the idea of analytics, keyword research, and funnel optimizations daunting
But if you’re more than prepared to handle those requirements, read on.
Inside The Book
- A top-to-bottom content strategy that builds trust, leads, and respect
- 3 exercises to help you generate content ideas at every stage
- High-level writing tips to keep your content engaging and honest
- Brief introductions to Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization, Content Management Systems, Keyword Research, and more
- An overview of off-site and on-site metrics that help you measure your content's performance
- Index of necessary tools and skills required to implement the strategy
- A thorough glossary of definitions
- Bonus: an exclusive PDF print-out for readers
Not Inside The Book
- Step-by-step tutorials for Google Analytics, WordPress, Search Console, or any other tool—this is a high-level text about content and content strategies
What People Are Saying About Good Content
“A thoroughly entertaining guide to content marketing”
- F. Alexander
“Great read, perfect for those getting started and for those that have lost their way”
- F. Idesis (that’s my little brother—technically, he’s people)
“[A] very helpful introduction to content marketing […] I walked away with an expanded view on what it means to market yourself in a virtual, shameless world.”
- M. Dynkin
- Why Content Marketing
- Use This Book
- Conquer Prerequisites
- Define ‘Good’
- Understand Our Strategy
- Attract New Customers
- Inspire Conversions
- Reduce Churn
- What Now?
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.