Food for Thought in Joshua
Food for Thought in Joshua
Bite-sized Bible Study in the Old Testament
About the Book
The Old Testament book of Joshua is full of interesting characters, exciting battles, and life or death situations. Did you know that just one Israelite died in the battle for Jericho and why? And did you know that just one person from Jericho and her family were saved, and the apparent loophole in the Old Testament law that allowed for it? In Food for thought in Joshua you are given one Bible study for each chapter, allowing you to begin your own Bible study, prepare talks and sermons, or lead a study group. The content of the book is designed to lead to many other places in the Bible, both Old and New, that Illuminate the text and provide infinite avenues to discover the Old Testament for yourself.
How to use this book
- Reading with your family
- Leading discussion groups
- Preparing a Bible talk or lecture
- Preparing a sermon or exhortation
- Aiding personal Bible study
- How not to use this book!
- Food for thought in Joshua
- The humble servant
- Would you have chosen Rahab?
- The miraculous Jordan River and Red Sea crossings
- The twelve stones
- How God protected Israel’s incapacitated fighting men
- A woman worth more than gold
- The brother who drew near and the brother who drew back
- Hidden leader, hidden city
- Joshua’s knowledge of the Law
- The Gibeonites and Jesus’s parables
- The Gibeonite model of salvation by faith
- How the Gibeonites inadvertently helped Joshua conquer the land
- Would you live as a dog or die as a lion?
- Little kings and BIG kings
- It’s fine for us, but can it become a snare to our children?
- The LORD is with us: fear them not
- Faith in God is bigger than giants
- Once upon a time there were three giants…
- Ignoring one small verse of scripture brings generations of repercussions
- Can jealousy take generations to surface?
- Big brothers protecting their little brother
- Zorah and Eshtaol
- Caleb’s dwindling inheritance
- Caleb’s heir
- Assuming the worst intentions
- Sharing the spoil
- Do only the good bits of the Bible apply to you?
- One man shall chase a thousand
- Crossing over the flood: Starting a new life
- Other books in the series
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.