Explore Data in Weekend Part I
Explore Data in Weekend Part I
Master Exploratory Data Analysis in Weekend
About the Book
About In-weekend Series?
As I have a regular job, I have to go to company and work on solving problem 5 Days in a Week, and as I should increase my knowledge to have a life progress, I need to study and learn more and more, but when I arrive to home everyday, I look like a disaster and I can’t even open my eyes, so the only time I have to study are in the holiday/weekends. In those two days I have to study and have time with my family. So, I got the idea of effectively time management, to manage and keep use of every minute of those two days, in both studying and having family time. So, every week at work I take 10 minute to design and build what I should learn and study on the weekend, and when the weekend comes I start finishing what I have built. And from this the idea came to me to build a series to help you to progress your skill while you have no time to do that.
What to Learn on the Weekend?
- Getting Started with Python,
- Managing Data Frames with Pandas package,
- Exploratory Data Analysis Checklist,
- Principles of Analytic Graphics,
- Exploratory Graphs,
- Plotting Systems,
- Graphics Devices,
- The Base Plotting System,
Table of Content of this Weekend.
- 0. Table of Content
- 1. Stay in Touch!
- 2. Preface
- 2.1 What is Exploratory Data Analysis?
- 2.2 What does this book cover?
- 2.3 What you should expect?
- 2.4 About In-weekend Series?
- 2.5 What to Learn on the Weekend?
- 3. Getting Started with Python
- 3.1 What is Python?
- 3.1 Installation
- 3.1.1 Python 2 vs. Python 3
- 3.1.2 Installation steps
- 3.1.3 Python packages
- 3.2 IPython and Jupyter
- 3.2.1 IPython
- 3.2.2 Jupyter
- 3.2.3 Installation
- 3.2.4 What is an ipynb File?
- 4. Managing Data Frames with the Pandas package
- 4.1 Data Frames
- 4.2 The Pandas Package
- 4.3 The Pandas Grammar
- 4.4 Installing the Pandas Package
- 4.5 selecting methods
- 4.6 filter method
- 4.7 sort_values method
- 4.8 rename method
- 4.9 assign method
- 4.10 groupby method
- 4.11 method chaining
- 4.12 Summary
- 5. Exploratory Data Analysis Checklist
- 5.1 formulate your question
- 5.2 reading data
- 5.3 check the shaping
- 5.4 describe and info
- 5.5 Look at the head and the tail of your data
- 5.6 Check your “n”s
- 5.7 Validate with at least one external data source
- 5.8 Try the easy solution first
- 5.9 Challenge your solution
- 5.10 Follow up questions
- 6. Principles of Analytic Graphics
- 6.1 Show comparisons
- 6.2 Show causality, mechanism, explanation and systematic structure
- 6.3 Show multivariate data
- 6.4 Integrate evidence
- 6.5 Describe and document the evidence
- 6.6 Content, Content, and Content
- 6.7 References
- 7. Exploratory Graphs
- 7.1 Characteristics of exploratory graphs
- 7.2 Survival rate in Titanic dataset
- 7.3 Getting the Data
- 7.4 Simple Summaries: One Dimension
- 7.5 Five Number Summary
- 7.6 Boxplot
- 7.7 Histogram
- 7.8 Overlaying Features
- 7.9 Barplot
- 7.10 Simple Summaries: Two Dimensions and Beyond
- 7.11 Multiple Boxplots
- 7.12 Multiple Histograms
- 7.13 Scatterplots
- 7.14 Scatterplot - Another Shape
- 7.15 Multiple Scatterplots
- 7.16 Summary
- 8. About the Author
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.