EmberJS + Rails
Last updated on 2014-07-04
About the Book
With the release of Ember CLI and Apache Cordova EmberJS is growing up. It is now easier than ever before to create slick web applications and HTML5 apps. There is, however, a steep learning curve to go through for most web developers. This book aims to take your from zero EmberJS knowledge to deploying your first web and iOS applications.
I will cover the following
- Creating a new EmberJS Twitter clone with Ember CLI
- Setting up a Rails backend using Grape
- Setting up a Single Sign On using Doorkeeper
- Setting up EmberJs tests and api stubs
- Adding custom transforms for dates and files
- Uploading files with Ember Data
- Client side validation with Ember EasyForm and Ember Validations
- Creating sign in and sign up pages in Ember
- Create a tweet
- Delete a tweet
- Follow another user
- Creating a list
- Favouriting a tweet
- Restricting access to your tweets
- Deployment (including from Travis CI)
- Turning your web app into an iOS app with Cordova
- Development setup for coding from anywhere on your iPad with SSH, tmux, zsh, vim and Digital Ocean
Supporting Indigenous Peoples. Protecting the Amazon.http://amazonwatch.org
Amazon Watch is a nonprofit organization founded in 1996 to protect the rainforest and advance the rights of indigenous peoples in the Amazon Basin. We partner with indigenous and environmental organizations in campaigns for human rights, corporate accountability and the preservation of the Amazon's ecological systems.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...