Developing the API Mindset
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2015-02-13
About the Book
Nordic APIs will be donating all proceeds from this e-book as well as our latest one to the Salvation Army in Stockholm. They’re doing a great job helping the homeless in that city, and we’re happy to be supporting their efforts.
- Forward: Developing the API Mindset
- How to use this E-book
- Definitions – An API by any Other Name
- Introduction: Choosing Between Private, Partner and Public APIs
- 1.1 Overview: Why Start with Private APIs
- 1.2 Business Benefits of Private APIs
- 1.3 Private API Challenges: When a Private API is Not Private
- 1.4 Case Study: Bisnode
- 1.5 Reflections
- 2.1 Overview: Building a Successful Partner API Strategy
- 2.2 Business Benefits of Partner APIs
- 2.3 Partner API Challenges: User Authentication to Manage External Access to Data
- 2.4 Case Study: LEGO
- 2.5 Reflections
- 3.1 Overview: Building a Platform and Ecosystem with Public APIs
- 3.2 Business Benefits of Public APIs
- 3.3 Public API Challenges
- 3.4 Case Study: Podio
- 3.5 Reflections
- 4.1 Conclusion: The Roadmap from Private to Public APIs
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.