Quick Start Guide for concrete5
Quick Start Guide for concrete5
A concise guide covering the basics of editing with the concrete5 Content Management System
About the Book
Learning to use concrete5 is made easy with this clear and concise guide. This Quick Start Guide for concrete5 covers a range of basic tasks such as editing and adding pages, uploading files and adjusting metadata.
The guide is designed to be printed, making it a handy resource to present to new editors of a concrete5 website.
The book is available under a Creative Commons licence on github. Suggestions and contributions welcome. For whitelabeling purposes the licence also permits private distribution to an end-user (i.e. a 'client'), with the author/credit information removed.
From the CEO of concrete5, Franz Maruna:
"Ryan has been an active concrete5 fan since the very early days. His thoughtful posts in the community have helped thousands of people. His add-ons provide valuable extensions to the core CMS.
This Quick Start Guide takes a step back and lays out all the basics you’d want to take a complete beginner through with concrete5. I’d use it myself next time I have to train a client who is starting from zero. It’s well written and easy to get through, you’d be a fool not to spend some time with this if you want to use concrete5."
- 1. Signing In and Out
- 2. The Toolbar Explained
3. Editing existing page content
- To edit a block on a page
- To add a new block to a page
- To re-arrange blocks on a page
- Publishing changes
4. Common Editing Tasks
- To insert headings and paragraphs
- To insert links to pages, files and external URLs
- Adding Images
- Adding YouTube videos
- To copy blocks to the clipboard
- To place blocks from the clipboard
5. Creating new pages
- To create a new page
- To publish a page set up for ‘Composer’
- To publish a page that is directly editable
- To edit a page created via the composer
6. Changing page names, URL paths and metadata
- To change the name or the url of a page
7. Adjusting Page Attributes
- To hide a page from navigation
- Other useful attributes
8. Creating page layouts
- Creating Layouts
- To adjust an existing layout
- Changing page templates
9. Sitemap and moving pages
- To re-order pages
10. File Management
- Access the Files page of the Dashboard
- Uploading and managing files
- To upload new files
- Adding files and links to pages
11. Deleting, restoring pages and versioning
- Deleting Pages
- Restoring Pages
- Page Versioning
- 12. Needing more guidance?
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.