Clojure Goodness Notebook
Clojure Goodness Notebook
Experience the Clojure programming language through code snippets
About the Book
In 2020 I started to write small blog posts about Clojure at Messages from mrhaki. The posts contain code samples of cool Clojure features I just didn't want to forget.
The Clojure Goodness Notebook contains the blog posts about Clojure previously mentioned on my blog. The posts have been edited slightly so they can be used for the book. The book gives a broad overview of all the great features we can find in the Clojure language.
- About Me
- There Is Truth In Many Things
- Get Clojure Version
- Keyword As Function
- Using Sets As Functions
- Destructure Sequences
- Destructuring Maps
- Create New Function Complementing Other Function
- Repeating A Value Or Function Invocation
- Composing Functions With comp
- Set Default Value For nil Function Argument With fnil
- Getting Results From Multiple Functions With Juxt Function
- Pure Function Sample Buying Coffee From FP Programming In Scala Written In Clojure
- Formatting With Java Format String
- Trimming Strings
- Check Substring Is Part Of String
- Splitting Strings
- Joining Elements in a Collection
- Replacing Characters In A String With escape Function
- Replacing Matching Values In String
- Merge Maps With Function To Set Value Duplicate Keys
- Split Collection With Predicate
- Concatenation Of Map Function Results With mapcat
- Transforming Collection Items With Index
- Repeat Items In A Collection As Lazy Sequence With cycle
- Interleave Keys And Values Into A Map With zipmap
- Using The range Function
- Combine First And Next Functions Multiple Times
- Get Random Item From A Sequence
- Query Set Of Maps With index Function
- Creating Union Of Sets
- Find Differences In Sets
- Getting But The Last Element(s) From A Collection
- Remove Duplicates From A Collection With distinct
- Remove Consecutive Duplicate Elements From Collection
- Getting Part Of A Vector With subvec
- Shuffle A Collection
- Finding The Maximum Or Minimum Value
- Taking Or Dropping Elements From A Collection Based On Predicate
- Partition Collection Into Sequences
- Counting Frequency Of Items In A Collection
- Reapply Function With Iterate To Create Infinite Sequence
- Checking Predicate For Every Or Any Element In A Collection
- Keep Non-Nil Function Results From Collection
- Flatten Collections
- Getting Intersections Between Sets
- Writing Text File Content With spit
- Reading Text File Content With slurp
- Create All Parent Directories For A File
- Create New Instance Of Java Class
- Create And Initialize Object Based On Java Class With doto
- Use .. For Invocation Java Method Chaining
- Invoke Java Method With Varargs Parameter
- Turn Java Object To Map With bean Function
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.