Building a Chatbot with Laravel and BotMan
Last updated on 2018-04-26
About the Book
Building a Chatbot with Laravel and BotMan is a hands on guide to building your own personal chatbot. You'll learn how to onboard new users, allow them to access your latest articles, push out new articles in real-time and respond to smalltalk. Amongst other things, we'll cover onboarding, conversations, initiating the sending of messages to users as well as touch on natural language processing.
By the end of the book, you will have learnt the core skills needed to start building your own fully featured and tested chatbot in PHP.
- What Is a Chatbot?
- Why Should You Build a Chatbot?
- What Are We Going to Build?
- Presenting a List of Articles
- Pushing Out Articles
- Mailing List Subscription
- Small Talk
Getting Started With BotMan
Building a Driver for BotMan
- Building a ubisend Driver for BotMan
- What Makes a Good Onboarding Experience?
Triggering the Onboarding Sequence
- Persisting Users
- New User?
- Triggering the Onboarding Sequence?
- Ignoring Other Commands
The RSS Parser
- Writing an RSS Parser
- Importing the Feed
- Delivering a List of Articles
Signing Up for the Mailing List
- Asking a Question
Pushing Out Content
- Preparing the Articles for Sending
- Sending the Messages
- Marking Messages as Sent
- Firing the Job
- Setting Up Dialogflow
- Wiring up the Chatbot
- Testing That a New User Will Trigger the Onboarding Sequence
- Testing an Existing User Does Not Trigger Onboarding
- So What Have You Learned?
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...