The business side of BYOD 2
The business side of BYOD 2
you are the device & privacy at Edge
About the Book
Within the first volume, published in 2014, Bring Your Own Device was a discussion of a common business concern from a cultural and organizational perspective.
Theme: current and potential business impacts of enabling smartphones, tablets, computers, and any other device that goes under the label "Internet of Things" - IoT.
Seven years later, the subtheme in that book "and any device that you do not really control” is extended to the current (and forecast) devices scenario, and integrating also Edge computing (both "dumb" and "smart") and data privacy.
Focus: knowledge- and information-management beyond your corporate boundaries.
You can contact me on http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertolofaro
- A Caveat ... I
- Foreword and Warning ... V
- 1 Rethinking BYOD ... 7
- 1.1. Why BYOD is still relevant ... 7
- 1.2 Systemic perspectives ... 13
- 1.3 Ecosystem of ecosystems ... 20
- 1.4 Pervasive overlapping systemic computing ... 25
- 2 Tomorrow revisited ... 31
- 2.1 When technology becomes magic ... 31
- 2.2 Broadband and Edge computing ... 37
- 2.3 Essentials of a dynamic security policy ... 42
- 3 Individual dimension ... 49
- 3.1 Individual, not personal ... 49
- 3.2 You are the device: privacy at the Edge ... 53
- 4 Organizational dimensions ... 57
- 4.1 Organizational, not corporate 57
- 4.2 Losing control, gaining information ... 61
- 5 Socio-political dimensions ... 69
- 5.1 Socio-political integration of individual and organizational ... 69
- 5.2 Thinking at the Edge ... 73
- 5.3 The orchestra conductor ... 77
- 6 Tomorrow - again ... 82
- 6.1 Summary, not conclusions ... 82
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.