A 25-YEARS LONG CASE (AND COUNTING)
A 25-YEARS LONG CASE (AND COUNTING)
AN ORGANIZATIONAL JOURNEY THROUGH ITALIAN BUREAUCRACIES
About the Book
The title of this book derives from my first choice to relocate abroad, in 1996, but aptly applies to the book contents.
Three parts: past, present, and future.
Past: a business autobiography to share how I developed my approach (on the business and political side)
Present: some documented observations on bureaucracy, used as case studies that could discuss broader future social changes
two specific cases are followed step-by-step (in most steps, with supporting documentation), to show the process adopted to identify the issue and attempt eliciting information and/or problem solving- as, with bureaucracies, the customer side can highlight issues, but both the communication, documentation, and resolution abilities mainly reside within the bureaucracy itself
one case is about the follow-up on a process, the other related to data privacy and data usage consent issues
Future: a glimpse on what we, in EU, are being invited to do within the framework of Next Generation EU (and what we, in Italy, are proposing).
Overall, this book is a short organizational study offering options and, hopefully, inspiring improvements.
The aim, more than sharing my experience in developing knowledge or the three cases (the "present" and "future"), is to share organizational analysis patterns that could be reused in other contexts.
As I used to do in my cultural/organizational change and IT for decision support activities since the 1980s (in Italy and other European countries, both EU and non-EU).
A book preview (containing the table of contents and the last chapter, on NextGenerationEU and Piano Nazionale di Ripresa e Resilienza is available on this page
If you are interested, this book is available also as a low-cost paperbook that is designed to be used as a note-taking workbook (the link points to Amazon.com, but you can search by ISBN in other countries: 979-8570432130)
- 001 Chapter 01 Presentation
- 006 …building a background
- 010 …behind a cv
- 012 …change and quantitative decision-making
- 015 …italy and its bureaucracies
- 021 …comparing bureaucracies
- 024 …my approach to customer support
- 028 …what you can find in this book
- 030 …what you can find elsewhere
- 032 …overcoming the main limitation of italy
- 035 Chapter 02 A 25-Years Long Case (And Counting)
- 101 Chapter 03 A Privacy Case Worth A Blockchain
- 103 …introduction
- 104 …manual data versus automated data
- 106 …the (past) structure of local authorities
- 110 …a privacy case worth a blockchain
- 111 …how does the process start?
- 113 …an organizational culture digression
- 116 …chronology of the case
- 143 Chapter 04 Looking For Directions
- 145 …introduction
- 148 …a glimpse of the future
- 153 …where does the eu stand
- 154 …italy and next generation eu: a brief introduction
- 158 …piano nazionale di ripresa e resilienza
- 160 …staging a crisis, reasserting power
- 162 …thinking about the numbers
- 166 …conclusions
- 169 List of Figures and Law 29/1979
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.