Discovering The Treasures Of The Biscayne National Park
Last updated on 2020-03-26
About the Book
The Biscayne National Park is a nautical wonderland situated to the South of Miami in Southern Florida. The park is not only home to some of the most unique ecosystems in the world; it is also 95% water-based. Only 5% of the park is based on land. Additionally, the park has salt-water and fresh-water areas where you can observe different ecosystems.
The park is also home to the Florida Reef which ranks among the largest natural coral reefs found across the world. Spread over 172,971 acres, the Biscayne pPark also includes the famed Elliot Key, which is not only the largest island here but is also completely made from fossilized coral reef making it a geological oddity.
The Biscayne National Park - General Summary
- Date of Establishment
- Popular Season
- The Visitor’s Center
The Biscayne National Park
- The Inception of the Park
- Protected Status – IUCN Category V
Things to Consider When Planning a Trip to the Park
- What is the Best Time of Year to Visit the Park?
- How Do You Get to the Park?
- Traveling Within the Park
- Costs for Visitors to the Park
- Permits Needed
- Insurance and Penalties
- Bringing Your Pets
Top Attractions in the Biscayne National Park
- Fishing in Biscayne National Park
- Kayaking and Canoeing in the Park
- Diving and Snorkeling in the Maritime Heritage Trail
- Boating in Biscayne National Park
- Wildlife Watching on the Water
- Guided Tours in Biscayne National Park
Safety Tips and Precautions
- Pay Attention to the Tide
- Have Sun Screen
- Use Insect Repellent
- Do Not Go Snorkeling Alone
- Do Not Feed the Animals
- Carry Food and Water with You
- Remember to Have Fun!
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.