BIOMOD Handbook (BIOMOD Handbook)
About the Book
The BIOMOD Handbook is an introduction to biomolecular engineering. Topics include molecular self-assembly, structural DNA nanotechnology, DNA computing, and molecular robotics. We've tailored the Handbook for undergraduate students participating in BIOMOD, but concepts and skills may be applicable beyond the scope of the competition, such as in undergraduate-level laboratory courses. The Handbook originated as a translation of a Japanese-language guide by the Molecular Robotics Study Group. All sales proceeds go directly to support the BIOMOD Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit based in California.
Chapter 1 Let’s go to BIOMOD
- 1. Welcome to the World of DNA Molecule Design
- 2. What is BIOMOD?
- 3. Judging System of BIOMOD
- 4. Days at the Jamboree
- 5. Learn from Previous Winners
- 6. BIOMOD Calendar
- 7. Tips on Group Work
- 8. Tips on Website Creation
- 9. Tips on Making YouTube Video
- 10. Tips on Presentation in English
- 11. What You’ll Get From BIOMOD
Chapter 2 Before Starting Your Project
- 12. Subject Matter of Project
- 13. Types of Brainstorming
- 14. Design Process
- 15. How to Collect Information
- 16. More About Papers
Chapter 3 What Does Design of DNA Molecules Make Possible?
- 17. Structural DNA Nanotechnology: Overview
- 18. Two-Dimensional DNA Origami
- 19. Three-Dimensional DNA Origami
- 20. DNA Tiles
- 21. DNA-Modified Particles (SNA)
- 22. DNA Hydrogels
- 23. DNA Nanomachines and Nanorobots: Overview
- 24. DNA Tweezers
- 25. DNA Walker
- 26. DNA Nanomachines
- 27. Autonomous DNA Reaction Systems
- 28. DNA Computing: Overview
- 29. DNA Logic Gates
- 30. DNAzyme Logic Gates
- 31. Entropy-Driven Gate
- 32. Seesaw Gate
- 33. DNA Toolbox
- 34. DNA-Based Finite State Machine
- 35. Traveling Salesman Problem
Chapter 4 Basic Textbook Knowledge
- 36. Importance of Multidisciplinary Knowledge: Overview
- 37. Thermodynamics
- 38. Free Energy and Chemical Equilibrium
- 39. Reaction Kinetics
- 40. Molecular Structure of DNA
- 41. Thermodynamics of DNA Hybridization
- 42. Strand Displacement
- 43. Secondary Structures of DNA
- 44. DNA Synthesis
Chapter 5 Techniques/Materials to Boost DNA
- 45. Enzymes
- 46. Polymerase Reactions
- 47. Restriction Enzymes
- 48. Artificial Bases
- 49. Non-Watson-Crick Structure
- 50. Protein Motors
- 51. FRET and Molecular Beacons
- 52. Artificial Cell and Liposome (and Some Related Topics)
Chapter 6 Software Techniques
- 53. Basic Software Programs: Overview
- 54. Document/Table/Graph Preparation
- 55. Preparation of Presentation Slides
- 56. Figure Preparation
- 57. 3D Animation
- 58. Image Processing
- 59. Video Editing
- 60. Numerical Analysis Library
- 61. Software for Molecular Design of DNA
- 62. DNA Secondary Structure Prediction
- 63. Sequence Design
- 64. Design of DNA Origami
- 65. Simulation of DNA Origami
- 66. Molecular Modeling of DNA
- 67. Simulation of DNA Logic Gate
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.