About the Bundle
Both of Andy Gill's books offer you an introduction to both offensive and defensive security, walking through the different paths into the cyber security industry and teaching you some of the lessons learned throughout consulting. Also useful for those who want to switch paths within the industry or who might be starting their path as a penetration tester.
Breaking into Information Security: Learning the Ropes 101
Teaching You The Core Fundamentals For Getting Your Career Started in Penetration Testing.
This book will cover off all of the basic topics to get you from zero to junior penetration tester/offensive security consultant level. It aims to cover off all of the basic topic areas that anyone hoping to break into security should understand & web app testing/hacking
- Introduction - Outlining who the book is aimed at, why it exists and what to expect in the
- other sections.
- Core Fundamentals - Explains the basics of how networking and the internet works.
- Operating Systems - A sub-section for each operating system and the benefits/tools for each.
- Virtualization - Explanation on what it is and why it is useful to know about.
- Programming - Some fundamentals on logic and scripting.
- Infrastructure - Building on the basic networking, explaining the role of infrastructure in
- penetration testing.
- Web Application Testing - breaking down web application testing and what is involved, some
- methodologies and tips too.
- Importance of Reporting - Explaining how to compile your evidence in a professional way,
- also expanding on how to write a good report.
- People Skills - How to build your connections and get your foot in the door.
- Penetration Testing - Explaining what is involved in the job, what to expect and how to keep
- Hacking Your Career Path - Some tips on preparing a CV & applying a more creative approach.
- Further Reading & Resources - Links and books to checkout to further your learning.
7 reader testimonials
Expanding Your Security Horizons: Learning The Ropes 102
Expanding your horizons and surviving in security, this is my next book following hot on the heels
of learning the ropes 101. If you’ve read the first book, welcome back! If not and this is the first time
you’ve picked up something I’ve written, welcome!
It's similar length to my first one but covers a more diverse range of topics :), giving you more of an insight to the different areas of security and building your understanding to further your career.
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $13 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.