A Thin Red Line
A Thin Red Line
About the Book
- Confirm the Basics
- Clarify your Role
- A typical list of tasks
- Understand the HR policies, processes and Salary structure
- Find your Mentor(s) (or Buddy)
Getting your Team
- Building your Team
- Work on a Staffing Plan:
- Arrange with HR, agencies to get candidates
- Spend time with the interview panel(s) sharing the overall plan for the interviews
- Spend enough time in the interview to give the candidate sufficient idea about what the prospective job in your team is about
- As much as possible try to get the team members to interview candidates
- Get everyone’s input but make your decision final on the hiring a team member
- Look not just for technical competency, but also for proper attitude and ability to be a good team player
- Once you have hired someone do your damned best to give the team member your complete backing
Taking over an existing team
- Sessions with the Old Manager
- Getting to know your team
Employee Engagement: The Heart and Soul of People Management
- So what is employee engagement?
- Gallup and Q12:
- What are one on one (1-1) meetings ?
- Why do we need one to one meetings ?
- The Mechanics of 1 on 1 meetings.
- Other Tools for Employee Engagement
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.