Why you need a Health Data Spigot [90% Complete]
This book is 90% complete
Last updated on 2019-10-28
About the Book
THIS IS A TEST OF LEANPUB. BOOK IS UNFINISHED AND NOT FOR SALE.
- Introduction: one patient's ten year odyssey in search of accurate health data
- 2008: "A thousand points of fiscal pain”: a patient discovers healthcare’s Gordian knot
- Matching post in 2017: American healthcare is a malignant tumor that can’t stop killing its host.
- A cold day in hell, 2009: why I said yes to Google Health.
- An information quality trainwreck: Google Health revealed the mess in my hospital’s data.
- My health data errors exploded in the newspaper. Why?
- A movement is born: “Gimme My Damn Data”
- Does FHIR provide what Google Health tried to?
- Yes, it DOES look like FHIR will enable Gimme My Data.
- The #OpenAPS gospel: Dana Lewis sets DevDays on #FHIR.
- Final post, June 17: HL7 makes it official: #FHIR exists to serve patient needs.
- Epilog: The road ahead
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.