United Front: Recruits
Last updated on 2019-01-18
About the Book
How to work together, accept each other, work on agreements, hold meetings, become better role-models, and work through the basic rough spots of going from internal anarchy to internal community, by and for multiples & plurals.
Current State of this Book:
Recruits is our most fleshed-out book in the trilogy and is going under an author re-read/re-write/edit of the complete first draft. More info will be added, exercises firmed up, straggling "house-metaphor" blog excerpts or poorly written out-of-place content will either be removed, revamped, or rewritten entirely. Gaps in the contents will be bridged. Comments greatly appreciated at this point. Expect this read to be very rough, and the exercises may be missing or sketchy. We will update this page as edits are published, right now the edits are hand-written in a PDF. However, much info in this version is actually usable.
We've enabled the LeanPub forums to get feedback from readers. Please contribute and ask questions, you may help this book go off in new directions or help more people!!
- Preface: Guilt-Free Learning
- Introduction: Welcome Aboard
Are you really ready?
- Everyone’s Run Amok
- Who Would Follow You?
- What do you want out of this?
System Quick-Start Guide
- Safety and Security
- Sharing Information
- Exercise: Meeting Parley
- Prevent Triggering Your Headmates
- Equality Questionnaire
- Ship’s Counselor
- This position plays a vital role in developing and shaping your internal culture. How people-problems are dealt with, and how the crew feels after an intervention makes all the difference in managing the emotional climate of your ship. It’s usually best done by people who are both calm and empathic, who are observant and present, have high co-consciousness with others inside, and who spend a great deal of time in the internal landscape.
- Everyone Goes Down with the Ship
- Maps & Rosters
- The Glue is Crew
- Onboarding Passengers
- Caring for your Crew
- Open-Door Meetings
Articles of Agreement
- Personal and Ship Force Fields
- All Hands Meeting
- Defining Leadership
- Not a Popularity Contest
- Training Officers
- Problem-Solving Techniques
- Introduction to 5 Laws of Plural Systems
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.