Ruby on Rails Explained for Front-End Developers
Last updated on 2014-01-20
About the Book
Ruby on Rails is an extremely powerful full-stack web application framework, but with its power comes complexity. For front-end developers who simply need to edit HTML, CSS, and JS within a Ruby on Rails application, it can be a daunting task. This book explains what front-end developers needs to know about Ruby on Rails in order to work their mastery within a rails app.
By the end of the book, you'll be able to:
* know where to put your html, css, & js within the structure of a ruby on rails app
* how rails routes requests to controllers
* using views, layouts, and partials in controllers
* what the asset pipeline is and how to use it
* how controllers and views in rails work together to render a response in the browser
* how data is added to views and how to link to the data in your html
Want to get this book for free? Sign up for my newsletter at milesmatthias.com.
- A Brief Introduction to Ruby on Rails
- Ruby on Rails Directory Structure
- Routes config
Using Controllers, Views, and Layouts
- A basic controller view setup
Partials and Helpers in Views
- Asset Helpers
The Asset Pipeline
- Path helping
- Automatic Pre-processing
- Cache Busting
- Pre-compiling Assets - a warning
- Data in Views
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...