Ruby on Rails Explained for Front-End Developers
Last updated on 2014-01-20
About the Book
Ruby on Rails is an extremely powerful full-stack web application framework, but with its power comes complexity. For front-end developers who simply need to edit HTML, CSS, and JS within a Ruby on Rails application, it can be a daunting task. This book explains what front-end developers needs to know about Ruby on Rails in order to work their mastery within a rails app.
By the end of the book, you'll be able to:
* know where to put your html, css, & js within the structure of a ruby on rails app
* how rails routes requests to controllers
* using views, layouts, and partials in controllers
* what the asset pipeline is and how to use it
* how controllers and views in rails work together to render a response in the browser
* how data is added to views and how to link to the data in your html
Want to get this book for free? Sign up for my newsletter at milesmatthias.com.
- A Brief Introduction to Ruby on Rails
- Ruby on Rails Directory Structure
- Routes config
Using Controllers, Views, and Layouts
- A basic controller view setup
Partials and Helpers in Views
- Asset Helpers
The Asset Pipeline
- Path helping
- Automatic Pre-processing
- Cache Busting
- Pre-compiling Assets - a warning
- Data in Views
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.