PHP and MySQL: The Definitive Guide
This book is 27% complete
Last updated on 2016-02-07
About the Book
This book intends to provide a comprehensive guide to PHP and MySQL. It does not cover ORMs (such as Doctrine), frameworks, or other tools. A rough (subject to change) Table of Contents looks like:
- What is a Database?
- Relational vs NoSQL vs Non-relational
- Introduction to SQL (for MySQL)
- Data Types
- Essential SQL
- Advanced SQL
- Stored Procedures
- Introduction to PDO/MySQL
- Advanced PDO/MySQL
- Introduction to MySQLi
- Advanced MySQLi
- MySQL Native Driver
- Introduction to MySQLnd
- Read/Write Splitting with mysqlnd_ms
- Advanced Read/Write Splitting with mysqlnd_ms
- Using MySQL's NoSQL memcache interface with mysqlnd_memcache
- Query Caching with mysqlnd_qc
- Writing Custom MySQLnd Plugins with mysqlnd_uh
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.