Machine Learning Q and AI
Machine Learning Q and AI
Expand Your Machine Learning & AI Knowledge With 30 In-Depth Questions and Answers
About the Book
Expand Your Machine Learning Knowledge
Machine learning and AI are moving at a rapid pace. Researchers and practitioners are constantly struggling to keep up with the breadth of concepts and techniques. This book provides bite-sized bits of knowledge for your journey from machine learning beginner to expert, covering topics from various machine learning areas. Even experienced machine learning researchers and practitioners will encounter something new that they can add to their arsenal of techniques.
Who Is This Book For?
Machine Learning Q and AI is for people who are already familiar with machine learning and want to learn something new. However, this is not a math or coding book. You won't need to solve any proofs or run any code while reading. In other words, this book is a perfect travel companion or something you can read on your favorite reading chair with your morning coffee.
- Who Is This Book For?
- What Will You Get Out of This Book?
- How To Read This Book
- Sharing Feedback and Supporting This Book
- About the Author
- Copyright and Disclaimer
Chapter 1. Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Q1. Embeddings, Representations, and Latent Space
- Q2. Self-Supervised Learning
- Q3. Few-Shot Learning
- Q4. The Lottery Ticket Hypothesis
- Q5. Reducing Overfitting with Data
- Q6. Reducing Overfitting with Model Modifications
- Q7. Multi-GPU Training Paradigms
- Q8. The Keys to Success of Transformers
- Q9. Generative AI Models
- Q10. Sources of Randomness
Chapter 2. Computer Vision
- Q11. Calculating the Number of Parameters
- Q12. The Equivalence of Fully Connected and Convolutional Layers
- Q13. Large Training Sets for Vision Transformers
Chapter 3. Natural Language Processing
- Q14. The Distributional Hypothesis
- Q15. Data Augmentation for Text
- Q16. “Self”-Attention
- Q17. Encoder- And Decoder-Style Transformers
- Q18. Using and Finetuning Pretrained Transformers
- Q19. Evaluating Generative Language Models
Chapter 4. Production, Real-World, And Deployment Scenarios
- Q20. Stateless And Stateful Training
- Q21. Data-Centric AI
- Q22. Speeding Up Inference
- Q23. Data Distribution Shifts
Chapter 5. Predictive Performance and Model Evaluation
- Q24. Poisson and Ordinal Regression
- Q25. Confidence Intervals
- Q26. Confidence Intervals Versus Conformal Predictions
- Q27. Proper Metrics
- Q28. The K in K-Fold Cross-Validation
- Q29. Training and Test Set Discordance
- Q30. Limited Labeled Data
- Appendix A: Reader Quiz Solutions
- Appendix B: List of Questions
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.