Identity And APIs
Identity And APIs
Techniques to Mature Platform Security
About the Book
As enterprises invest heavily in web API strategies, they must rethink security, incorporating concepts like OAuth, OpenID Connect, and the API Security Maturity Model. Much of these advancements in API security boils down to how you handle identity. In Identity and APIs, we discover the techniques to secure platform access and delegate access throughout a mature API ecosystem.
Part One: Basic Identity Concepts
- Introducing The API Security Maturity Model
- The Difference Between HTTP Auth, API Keys, and OAuth
- API Keys ≠ Security: Why API Keys Are Not Enough
- Why Can’t I Just Send JWTs Without OAuth?
- How To Control User Identity Within Microservices
Part Two: OAuth Flows and Deep Dives
- 8 Types of OAuth Flows And Powers
- Exploring OAuth.tools, The World’s First OAuth Playground
- Strategies for integrating OAuth with API Gateways
- Assisted Token Flow: The Answer to OAuth Integration in Single Page Applications
- Using OAuth Device Flow For UI-Incapable Devices
- SCIM: Building the Identity Layer for the Internet
Part Three: The Role of Identity
- OAuth 2.0 – Why It’s Vital to IoT Security
- Is OAuth Enough for Financial-Grade API Security?
- The Role of Identity in API Security
- Nordic APIs Resources
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.