Google JAX Essentials
Google JAX Essentials
Quick practical learning of blazing-fast library for machine learning and deep learning projects
About the Book
"Google JAX Essentials" is a comprehensive guide designed for machine learning and deep learning professionals aiming to leverage the power and capabilities of Google's JAX library in their projects. Over the course of eight chapters, this book takes the reader from understanding the challenges of deep learning and numerical computations in the existing frameworks to the essentials of Google JAX, its functionalities, and how to leverage it in real-world machine learning and deep learning projects.
The book starts by emphasizing the importance of numerical computing in ML and DL, demonstrating the limitations of traditional libraries like NumPy, and introducing the solution offered by JAX. It then guides the reader through the installation of JAX on different computing environments like CPUs, GPUs, and TPUs, and its integration into existing ML and DL projects. Moving further, the book details the advanced numerical operations and unique features of JAX, including JIT compilation, automatic differentiation, batched operations, and custom gradients. It illustrates how these features can be employed to write code that is both simpler and faster.
The book also delves into parallel computation, the effective use of the vmap function, and the use of pmap for distributed computing. Lastly, the reader is walked through the practical application of JAX in training different deep learning models, including RNNs, CNNs, and Bayesian models, with an additional focus on performance-tuning strategies for JAX applications.
- Mastering the installation and configuration of JAX on various computing environments.
- Understanding the intricacies of JAX's advanced numerical operations.
- Harnessing the power of JIT compilation in JAX for accelerated computations.
- Implementing batched operations using the vmap function for efficient processing.
- Leveraging automatic differentiation and custom gradients in JAX.
- Proficiency in using the pmap function for distributed computing in JAX.
- Training different types of deep learning models using JAX.
- Applying performance tuning strategies to maximize JAX application efficiency.
- Integrating JAX into existing machine learning and deep learning projects.
- Complementing the official JAX documentation with practical, real-world applications.
Table of Content
- Necessity for Google JAX
- Unravelling JAX
- Setting up JAX for Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- JAX for Numerical Computing
- Diving Deeper into Auto Differentiation and Gradients
- Efficient Batch Processing with JAX
- Power of Parallel Computing with JAX
- Training Neural Networks with JAX
This is must read for machine learning and deep learning professionals to be skilled with the most innovative deep learning library. Knowing Python and experience with machine learning is sufficient is desired to begin with this book
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.