Getting Started with Axoloti
Getting Started with Axoloti
About the Book
This book will help you to get started with Axoloti, an open source platform for creating electronic music instruments.
You will learn to create synthesizers, drum machines and audio effects.
Chapter 1 is available as a free sample. If you want to read the rest of the book, you'll have to buy it.
- Chapter 1: Creating Your First Synthesizer
- Chapter 2: Creating a Polyphonic Synthesizer
- Chapter 3: Diving into Sound Design
- Chapter 4: Creating Drum Machines
- Chapter 5: Creating Audio Effects
- Chapter 6: Adding Physical Controls
You can listen to the sounds from the book on SoundCloud.
Chapter 1 - Creating Your First Synthesizer
- Part 1: Making Noise
- Part 2: Making the Noise Stop
- Part 3: Adding Velocity
- Part 4: Adding an Envelope
- Part 5: Adding a Filter
Chapter 2 - Creating a Polyphonic Synthesizer
- Part 1: Creating a Monophonic Synthesizer
- Part 2: Converting your Monophonic Synthesizer into a Subpatch
- Part 3: Creating a Polyphonic Synthesizer
Chapter 3 - Diving into Sound Design
- Creating a Bass Synth
- Creating a Sub-Bass Synth
- Creating a Lead Synth
- Creating a Pad Sound
- Creating an Experimental Drone Synth
Chapter 4 - Creating Drum Machines
- Creating a Drum Machine with Samples
- Creating a Basic Sequencer
- Creating a Sequencer with MIDI Clock
- Creating a Bass Drum
- Creating a Snare Drum
- Creating a Tom
- Creating a Hi-hat
- Creating a Cowbell
- Creating Bleeps
- Creating Subpatches
Chapter 5 - Creating Audio Effects
Chapter 6 - Adding Physical Controls
- Connecting MIDI Controllers
- Connecting the iPad
- Connecting an LED
- Connecting Buttons, Toggles and Switches
- Connecting a Potentiometer
- Connecting an Analog Thumb Joystick
- Connecting a Distance Sensor
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.