Last updated on 2015-06-16
About the Book
Introduction: History’s Relevance to Digital Disruption
- Disruption Isn’t New
- Disrupting How Knowledge is Shared and Evolved
Moving Backwards with the Internet
- The internet remembers everything
- Rumors about vaccines and autism
- The printing press invents virality
- The internet vs the printing press
Let’s Not Disrupt Child Labor
- How is child labor practiced and supported today?
- The rise of child labor
- What would it take to disrupt child labor?
- Changing frames of reference
- Rise of identity
- Multiple identities and frames of reference
- Rejecting the one-frame world
Fashioning Your Identity
- Enslavement to an Icon in the 1920s
- The Digital Age: a changing frame of reference
- A new market is born
- The democratization of fashion: cultural implications
- The turning point
Digital Identity Subjected to Social Darwinism
- Identity: The colonizers and the colonized
- A globalized and diversified identity
- Identity: the “adaptable people” and the “masses”
- A globalized but disruptive identity
Blood In Our Eyes: How Violence Unites and Divides Our Identities
- Violence unites us
- How violence divides us
- Violence: a sanitized catalyst for identity
- SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS
Standard Fare: Establishing the Digital Classroom
- What are open educational resources?
- What would the benefits be?
- Why is standardization important?
- What would a digital classroom look like?
Whack-A-Pirate: The Economic Game of Digital Piracy
- The face of digital piracy
- Pirates then, pirates now
- Digital disruptive scurvy
- Woodes Rogers, pirate exterminator extraordinaire
- Stopping digital piracy
- THE CROWD 2.0
- What is broadcast search crowdsourcing?
- Crowd collaboration in the Enlightenment
- Crowdsourcing and Enlightenment-level disruption
- Crowdsourcing and collaboration in the digital age
- What was Reformation 1.0?
- The participatory culture of Reformation 2.0
- Disrupting ideas from the past
Artistic Expression in a Digital World
- A digital wrecking ball
- A history of rejection
- After the dust settles
- Embracing the Future
Patrons of the Digital Renaissance
- Art in the digital age
- Theory of the Long Tail
- Artists and patrons during the renaissance
- Digital patronage today
- Patron’s provide validation and structure
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...