Who is agile
Who is agile
About the Bundle
This bundle contains all the books of who is agile that are published so far.
About the Books
Who is agile? Volume 1
A book of personal reflections on journeys where people stumbled on agile.
In 2011, the agile manifesto turned 10 years old. Some of the agile methodologies are even 5 to 10 year older. In the agile world, we pay a lot of attention to the people in the teams. Thanks to mailing lists and social media, agile leaders are very approachable. Yet we don't know them. This book gives you access to learn a little more about agilists. You will find all kinds of people in this book, people who have been on the Agile Alliance board, Gordon Pask Award winners, Scrum masters, Scrum trainers, people who started movements, people who organized agile conferences, famous authors, hard core teammembers, etc.You will also read about people who don't consider themselves agilists. They are in this book because they have inspired agilists, and we dare to say that they actually agree with what we call an agile mindset.
All these people have 2 things in common: they are interesting people and they have remarkable stories.
Yves send them all the same set of questions and asked them to select an extra question from someone else.The answers have been posted on Yves' blog for a while. The book contains one extra answer, per person.
We have finished adding people to the book. It now contains answers from 89 people.
When we have finished and polished the book, we take a nice break and then start of Volume 2 https://leanpub.com/WhoisagileVolume2
(The "Who is" backlog contains +250 people, the order of publication is in order of answers received.)
These are the questions we asked:
What is something people usually don’t know about you but has influenced you in who you are?If you would not have been in IT, what would have become of you?What is your biggest challenge and why is it a good thing for you?What drives you ?What is your biggest achievement?What is the last book you have read?What question do you think I should also ask and what is the answer?What question of one of the co-authors do you also want to answer?Who should be the next person to answer these questions?
Have fun reading their answers.
Andrea Chiou, Peter Doomen, Marcin Floryan, Yves Hanoulle
This is what other people say about the book:
Johnnos Nose: http://johnnosnose.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/returning-to-who-is-agile.htmlJohanna Rothmann: http://www.jrothman.com/blog/mpd/2012/02/who-is-agile-a-book-on-leanpub.htmlShane Hastie from InfoQ: http://www.infoq.com/news/2012/02/agile-who-whoThe podcast: the agile revolution episode 31: http://www.theagilerevolution.com/episode-31-an-apple-a-day Vickie Gray: http://simplerulesandtools.com/2012/06/06/who-is-agile/Portia Tung: http://www.selfishprogramming.com/2012/04/28/who-is-agile/ScrumDesk : http://www.scrumdesk.com/the-book-who-is-agile/
Leanpub Interviewed Yves Hanoulle about the book and the service: http://blog.leanpub.com/2012/05/yves-hanoulle-podcast.html
In 2022, Yves started a video edition of this book on youtube.
Who is agile in Australia & New Zealand?
This book is a collection of interviews with passionate Australia & New Zealand agilists who answer the following questions:
1. What is something people usually don’t know about you but has influenced you in who you are?
2. What would have become of you, if you were not doing the job you do today?
3. What is your biggest challenge and why is it a good thing for you?
4. What drives you?
5. What do you think makes a great team?
6. What is the essence of Agile?
7. What is the last book you have read and which book made a huge impact in your life?
8. If you were going to have a dinner party with anyone alive or deceased - which three people would you invite and why?
9. What is the one piece of advice you would give to someone just starting with Agile?
10. What question do you think I should also ask and what is your answer?
11. Whom do you think we should ask next in Australia and/or New Zealand and why do you feel they should be included in the book?
Based on the original "Who Is Agile" book, this book is a regional version for Australia & New Zealand. Whether you’re a novice or an Agile Guru, this book is going to help you learn a bit about the people behind the names & get their perspective on Agile.
Who is agile in South Africa?
This book is based on the original Who Is Agile book, only this is a regional version for South Africa. It's a collection of interviews with passionate South African agilists who answer the following questions:
1) What is something people usually don’t know about you but has influenced you in who you are?
2) What would have become of you, if you were not doing the job you do today?
3) What is your biggest challenge and why is it a good thing for you?
4) What drives you?
5) What is your biggest achievement?
6) Is there a piece of music that has a special meaning for you?
7) What is the last book you have read?
8) What question do you think we should also ask and what is the answer?
9) Whom do you think we should ask next in South Africa?
10) Whom do you think we should ask next not in South Africa?
11) How would you define your relation to the South African Agile community?
If you'd like to get to know some of the people in South Africa who are dedicated to agile a little bit better this is the book for you.
Who is agile in Ukraine?
A book of stories and personal reflections on journeys of people stumbled on agile in Ukraine, from Ukraine or somehow connected to Ukraine.
Book series called “Who is agile?” is about practitioners who contributed to Agile movement. This particular book is a book of stories and personal reflections on the journeys of people who stumbled on agile in Ukraine, are from Ukraine, or are somehow connected to Ukraine. If you’d like to know more about series you can read Chapter “Who is series and this book story” at the end of this book.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 million USDwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Learn more about Leanpub's ebook formats and where to read them