The Angular Firebase Survival Guide
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2018-05-23
About the Book
Fully updated in May 2018 with updates for Angular v6 and Firebase SDK v5.
Are you ready to go beyond the basics with Angular/Firebase and launch your app into production?
The Angular Firebase Survival Guide is a non-linear toolkit with 65 code snippets (supported by videos) that solve common challenges, prevent pitfalls, and demonstrate real-world app features. This book is about producing realtime Angular applications - it's NOT about high level programming theories or low level Angular architecture concepts.
You should buy this book if you…
- Want to build real world apps.
- Enjoy quick problem-solution style tutorials.
- Have some Angular experience (such as the Heroes Demo on Angular.io)
By the end of the book, you will know how to authenticate users, handle realtime database streams, upload files, trigger background tasks, deploy your app, and much more.
The new book is really amazing!
The new book is really amazing! This is more than a new version, I think you rewrote almost everything. The previous version was a bit hard to dive into. Congrats I think you've achieved a reference guide for Angular
I love the format
I love the format of the book - super easy to follow. It is really helping to learn and understand what is going on rather googling code fixes on Stack Overflow.
- Why Angular?
- Why Firebase?
- Why Angular and Firebase Together?
- This Book is for Developers Who…
- Angular Firebase Starter App
- Package Versions
- Watch the Videos
- Join the Angular Firebase Slack Team
- 1.1 Top Ten Best Practices
- 1.2 Start a New App from Scratch
- 1.3 Separating Development and Production Environments
- 1.4 Importing Firebase Modules
- 1.5 Deployment to Firebase Hosting
- 2.0 Cloud Firestore versus Realtime Database
- 2.1 Data Structuring
- 2.2 Collection Retrieval
- 2.3 Document Retrieval
- 2.4 Include Document Ids with a Collection
- 2.5 Add a Document to Collections
- 2.6 Set, Update, and Delete a Document
- 2.7 Create References between Documents
- 2.8 Set a Consistent Timestamp
- 2.9 Use the GeoPoint Datatype
- 2.10 Atomic Writes
- 2.11 Order Collections
- 2.12 Limit and Offset Collections
- 2.13 Querying Collections with Where
- 2.14 Creating Indices
- 2.15 Backend Firestore Security Rules
- 3.0 Migrating from AngularFire Version 4 to Version 5
- 3.1 Data Modeling
- 3.2 Database Retrieval as an Object
- 3.3 Show Object Data in HTML
- 3.4 Subscribe without the Async Pipe
- 3.5 Map Object Observables to New Values
- 3.6 Create, Update, Delete a FirebaseObjectObservable data
- 3.7 Database Retrieval as a Collection
- 3.8 Viewing List Data in the Component HTML
- 3.9 Limiting Lists
- 3.10 Filter Lists by Value
- 3.11 Create, Update, Delete Lists
- 3.12 Catch Errors with Firebase Operations
- 3.13 Atomic Database Writes
- 3.14 Backend Database Rules
- 3.15 Backend Data Validation
- 4.1 Getting Current User Data
- 4.2 OAuth Authentication
- 4.3 Anonymous Authentication
- 4.4 Email Password Authentication
- 4.5 Handle Password Reset
- 4.6 Catch Errors during Login
- 4.7 Log Users Out
- 4.8 Save Auth Data to the Realtime Database
- 4.9 Creating a User Profile
- 4.10 Auth Guards to Protect Routes
Firebase Cloud Storage
- 5.1 Creating an Upload Task
- 5.2 Handling the Upload Task
- 5.3 Saving Data about a file to the Realtime Database
- 5.4 Uploading a Single File
- 5.5 Delete Files
- 5.6 Validate Files on the Frontend
- 5.7 Upload Images in Base64 Format
- 5.8 Validating Files on the Backend
Firebase Cloud Functions
- 6.1 Initialize Cloud Functions in an Angular Project
- 6.2 Deploy Cloud Cloud Functions
- 6.3 Setup an HTTP Cloud Function
- 6.4 Setup an Auth Cloud Function
- 6.5 Setup a Database Cloud Function
- 6.6 Setup a Firestore Cloud Function
- 6.7 Setup a Storage Cloud Function
Real World Combined Examples
- 7.1 Auth with Firestore Custom User Data
- 7.2 Role-based Access Control
- 7.3 Drag and Drop File Uploads
- 7.4 Firestore NoSQL Data Modeling
- 7.5 Server Side Rendering
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...