Actionable Agile Metrics for Predictability
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2016-05-16
About the Book
“When will it be done?”
That is probably the first question your customers ask you once you start working on something for them. Think about how many times you have been asked that question. How many times have you ever actually been right?
We can debate all we want whether this is a fair question to ask given the tremendous amount of uncertainty in knowledge work, but the truth of the matter is that our customers are going to inquire about completion time whether we like it or not. Which means we need to come up with an accurate way to answer them. The problem is that the forecasting tools that we currently utilize have made us ill-equipped to provide accurate answers to reasonable customer questions.
(You can also find out more at https://www.actionableagile.com)
- PART ONE - FLOW FOR PREDICTABILITY
- Chapter 1 - Flow, Flow Metrics, and Predictability
- Chapter 2 - The Basic Metrics of Flow
- Chapter 3 - Introduction to Little’s Law
- PART TWO - CUMULATIVE FLOW DIAGRAMS FOR PREDICTABILITY
- Chapter 4 - Introduction to CFDs
- Chapter 5 - Flow Metrics and CFDs
- Chapter 6 - Interpreting CFDs
- Chapter 7 - Conservation of Flow Part I
- Chapter 8 - Conservation of Flow Part II
- Chapter 9 - Flow Debt
- PART THREE - CYCLE TIME SCATTERPLOTS FOR PREDICTABILITY
- Chapter 10 - Introduction to Cycle Time Scatterplots
- Chapter 10a - Cycle Time Histograms
- Chapter 11 - Interpreting Cycle Time Scatterplots
- Chapter 12 - Service Level Agreements
- PART FOUR - PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER FOR PREDICTABILITY
- Chapter 13 - Pull Policies
- Chapter 14 - Introduction to Forecasting
- Chapter 15 - Monte Carlo Method Introduction
- Chapter 16 - Getting Started
- PART FIVE - A CASE STUDY FOR PREDICTABILITY
- Chapter 17 - Actionable Agile Metrics at Siemens HS
- About the Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.