Yoga For Your Shoulders
Yoga For Your Shoulders
Simple Exercises For Stabilizing, Stretching and Strengthening Your Shoulders
About the Book
When stretching and improving awareness, one of the most important considerations is Tensegrity which is a contraction of the terms Tension and Integrity. Tension is what allows us to feel our body in general. While it is pretty easy to learn to feel muscular activity and the tension generated within the belly of a muscle when it is active, connective tissue tension is something we can learn to feel when muscles are relaxed.
If we learn to feel this tension, then we can not only improve body awareness, but also our ability to control our body and respond quickly, even instantaneously. One of the keys to learning to feel this tension is to move slowly and smoothly. But another key is to focus on isolated elements.
After awareness (and control) is developed in isolation it can then be used in integrated "whole body" movements or postures.
The exercises start with unweighted exercises since in those it is easier to develop both awareness and control. It then progresses to weighted scapular awareness exercises.
It includes shoulder stretches and different stretching techniques for improving shoulder flexibility as well as improving awareness and control of the shoulder girdle.
- Neck Stretch and Strengthen
- Bending the Ribcage Forwards and Backwards
- Ribcage Slides or “Displacements”
Basic Scapular Control
- Elevation 1
- Retraction for Rhomboids
- Avoiding Shoulder Impingement
- Arms Forwards Protractiona and Retraction
- Arms Lifted Protaction and Retraction
More Shoulder Mobility
- Retraction for Lower Trapezius
- Elevation 2
- Basic Arm Rotations
- Using Rotation to “stabilize” the shoulder blade
- Arm Rotation Meditation
- Dance of Shiva Arm Rotations
Making the Arms Feel Long
- Warrior 1
- Standing Side Bend
- Side Angle Pose
- Prasarritta Padotanasana C With Hands Unclasped
- Arms Clasped
- Straightening the Arms
- Adding Internal Rotation
- Triangle Front Fold with Hands Clasped
- Overhead Shoulder Stretch Variations
- Arms Back Stretching Options
- Bound Side Angle
- Arm Pull Binding Preparation
Bent Elbow Arm Stretches
- Triceps (Back of the Arm) Stretch
- Cow Face Variations
- Reverse Prayer
- Eagle Arms
- Eagle Arm variations
- Full Eagle
- Bound Twisting Side Angle
Weighted Shoulder Exercises
- Standing Forward Bend Weight Shift
- Dangle Pose
- Table Top
- Reverse Plank
- Cat Pose
- Dog Pose
- Plank Pose
- Elbow Plank
- Side Plank
- Weighted Scapular Control in Down Dog
- Arms Long, Spine Long
- Chaturanga Dandasana
- Bow Pose
- Upward Dog
- Handstand Using a Wall
- Headstand and Pincha Mayurasana Unweighted Preps
- Weighted Preparations for Pincha Mayurasana and Bound Headstand
Using a Wall to Stretch
- Standing Chest Stretch
- Standing Stretch for Front of the Shoulder
- Spiderman Wall Stretch
- Rack Pose Using a Wall
Gravity Assisted Stretches
- Puppy Dog (Inch Worm) and Sneak Attack
- Down Dog Shoulder Stretch
- Rack Pose
- Penguin Pose
- One Armed Penguin
- Back Stretch
- Stretching Notes
- Side/Rear Deltoid Stretch
- Assisted Lateral Stretch
- Half Dragonfly
- Clasped Half Dragonfly
- Full Dragonfly
- Moving into Dragonfly Gradually (and With Control and Sensitivity)
- Lapasana with Palm Facing Up
- Lapasana with Palm Facing Down
- Twisting in Lapasana
- Seated Twist and Prone Twist
- Biceps Stretch
- Resting and Recovering
- Questions, Comments
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.