This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2020-03-26
About the Book
A PowerShell community project highlighting new features in PowerShell 7 and why you should begin adopting it as your daily management tool. This ebook is an edited collection of articles published during a #PSBlogWeek event in March 2020 that focused on the release of PowerShell 7. The articles are written by members of the PowerShell community excited about everything that PowerShell 7 has to offer. The book is being offered for free. But the contributors hope you will consider making a small donation. All proceeds go to the OnRamp Scholarship Fund.
Adam Bertram is a 20+ year veteran of IT and an experienced online business professional. He’s a consultant, Microsoft MVP, blogger, trainer, published author and content marketer for multiple technology companies. Catch up on Adam’s articles at adamtheautomator.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow him on Twitter at @adbertram.
Prateek Singh is an Infrastructure Developer, an avid PowerShell blogger, and a community contributor. In 2017 and 2018, FeedSpot and SQLHack recognized his blog RidiCurious.com as among the “Top 50 PowerShell blogs in the world.” Find his open-sourced at GitHub, and reach out to him on Twitter at @singhprateik.
Prateek has written more than 250 articles on his blog and several other websites such as 4SysOps.com, IPSwitch.com, and TechTarget.com and also runs a YouTube channel. He is a published author of 2 Books and contributing author of 1 Book and currently writing the 4th one, following is the complete list:
- About This Book
- About OnRamp
- About The DevOps Collective
- Getting Your Hands on PowerShell 7
- PowerShell 7 Profile Paths and Locations
- PowerShell 7 Experimental Features
- Getting Started Using SSH with PowerShell
- PowerShell 7 Remoting Cleanup
- ForEach Parallel
- PowerShell 7 Changes to JSON Cmdlets
- Staying Up to Date on PowerShell Releases with Update Notifications
- PowerShell Markdown Cmdlets
- Changes to Invoke-RestMethod in PowerShell 7
- What’s New with Select-String in PowerShell7
- Running PowerShell 7 Commands Directly on Ansible Localhost
- Defining and Changing Who You Are with PowerShell Classes and Update-List
- Error Handling in PowerShell 7 with Get-Error and $Errorview
- PowerShell 7 Chain and Ternary Operators
- Exploring… Nothing? PowerShell 7’s Null Conditional Operators
- Using ANSI Escape Sequences in PowerShell
- PowerShell 7, VS Code, and the PowerShell VS Code Extension
- PowerShell 7 Cross-Platform Scripting Tips and Traps
- Release Notes
DevOps Collective Scholarshipshttp://devopscollective.org
Support IT education scholarships by giving to The DevOps Collective, Inc.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.