About the Book
More specifically you will learn about:
- Programming the Tessel WiFi and the Espruino
- Using various sensors and actuators
- IoT protocols like MQTT, CoAP and WebSockets
- Turning your RaspberryPi into an IoT Gateway
- Manage IoT data with servIoTicy
- Create your device API with LoopBack
- Building a full end-to-end IoT application
The Internet of Things
- So what is the Internet of Things?
- Basic components of the IoT
- Open Source Hardware for the IoT
- Open Source Software for the IoT
- Meet the Espruino board
- Meet the Tessel WiFi board
- Working with the Espruino board
- Working with the Tessel board
Sensors and Actuators
- How Sensors work
- Examples of sensors and working principles
- Working with sensors & actuators
- RF links
- Mobile Internet
- Wired Communication
- What to use in IoT projects?
- The IoT Protocols: Make it talk with the Internet
The Node-RED IoT Workflow Editor
- Setup your Node-RED instance
- Your first Node-RED flows
- Writing custom code using function nodes
- The default Node-RED nodes
- Install additional nodes
- Make it blink - Use Node-RED to control hardware
- Your first IoT flow
- Prototype a complete IoT application
- Part 3 Prototyping an IoT Application
Use MQTT on the Server side
- Install an MQTT broker
- Create a Node.js MQTT broker application for better client management
- Using WebSockets for responsive WebClients
- Create your Device API with LoopBack
Manage IoT Data with servIoTicy
- What is servIoTicy
- Basic Terminology: Service Objects, Streams and Channels
- Create and Manage a Service Object
- Upload some data
- Retrieve data and make queries
- Data Subscriptions: Get notified on new sensor data
- Actuations: Control your devices over MQTT or WebSockets
- Build a complete end-to-end IoT Application
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.