About the Book
- A detailed look at the new and awesome ES6 features in a historical context, highlighting why they exist and which problems they're trying to solve
- A breathtaking story of EPIC proportions and awkward sense of humor...
We, programmers, sadly do not live in such a world. But we do have a measure of magic in ourselves, we have the skills and power to create things out of nothingness. And even if we cannot throw fireballs or levitate (yet), we can definitely change/improve/enhance reality and the universe around us with our little creations. Ain't that freaking awesome?
Andreas is a consultant, passionate programmer, double master and a lifelong learner.
Andreas enjoys all sorts of tech and has been developing software that runs on everything from ship engines to the cloud. He enjoys working in the full stack because it’s rewarding, exciting and challenging, all at the same time.
Independent software consultant and agile coach, Nathan is pas- sionate about development and a firm believer in agile principles. In his day job he is contractor helping clients to build and deliver working software.
Nathan has successfully bootstrapped agile teams in various com- panies and has given presentations on technology and agile at a number of events.
Software Developer at Simplygon
Software Developer and IT Consultant at Active Solution
I read it and it's awesome! Book tip for those who want to gain/refresh some JS skills :)
Software Developer at NéoSynergix Inc.
Junior Front End Developer at Realm Entertainment Ltd
- About The Author
- About the Technical Reviewers
- A Story About Why I Wrote This Book
- What is the Goal of This Book?
- Is This Book For You?
- How is The Book Organized?
- Understanding the Code Samples in This Book
- A Note About ECMAScript 5 and ECMAScript 6,7 within The Book
- A Note About the Use of Generalizations in This Book
- Do You Have Any Feedback? Found Any Error?
- A Final Word From the Author
- Once Upon a Time…
- Exception Handling
- Regular Expressions
- The Basics Of Functions
- Functions are the Key
- Function Expressions
- Function Declarations
- Concluding: Prefer Function Declarations and Named Function Expressions
Useful Function Patterns: Default Arguments
- Have You Heard Of Defaults?
- Defaults with Objects
- Native Default Arguments with ECMAScript 6
More Useful Function Patterns: Arbitrary Arguments
- An Arbitrary Number of Arguments
- Functions with Arbitrary Arguments Right Now!
- Array-Like Objects
- Native Arbitrary Arguments with ES6 Rest Parameters
More Useful Function Patterns: Function Overloading
- Have you Heard About The Marvels Of Overloading?
- How Do We Do Function Overloading Then?
- Function Overloading by Inspecting Arguments
- Using an Options Object
- Relying on ES6 Defaults
- Taking Advantage of Polymorphic Functions
- An Army of Objects
- Object Initializers (a.k.a. Object Literals)
- Creating Objects With Factories
- ES6 Improves Object Initializers
- ES6 Symbols and Data Privacy
- This, Your Most Dangerous Foe
- Type Coercion Madness
A Guide to Strings, Finding the Right Words and Proper Spell Intonation
- Find the Right Words You Must
- The Basic Of Strings
- New String Features in ES6
- String Cheatsheet
- Welcome to the Future! ECMAScript 6
- Destructure All The Things!
- Destructuring Objects
- Destructuring Arrays
- Destructuring Function Arguments
- Behold! The Arrow Function!
- Arrow Functions Arcana
- Arrow Functions And This Gotchas
- Arrow Functions Don’t Have Arguments Object
- Arrow Functions and the New and Super Operators
- Ready To Spread Your Wings?
- Use the Spread Operator to Seamlessly Concatenate Arrays
- Easily Use Apply With the Spread Operator
- Converting Array-likes and Collections Into Arrays
- Spread Lets You Combine New and Apply
- We’ll Just Need To Make Sense of All These Items
- An Extremely Flexible Data Structure
- Sorting Arrays
- Safe Array Methods
- Other ES6 and ES7 Features
- Array Cheatsheet
Organizing Your Data With ES6 Maps
- Take a Look at These Maps
- Iterating Over the Elements of a Map
- Creating a Map From an Iterable Collection
- Map Cheatsheet
Sets, For When There Can Only Be One
- You Are One of a Kind
- Working With Sets
- Iterating Sets
- Using Array Methods With Sets
- How Do Sets Understand Equality?
- Sets Cheatsheet
- Book I. Epilogue
Introduction to the Path of Summoning and Commanding Objects (a.k.a. Object Oriented Programming)
- OOP Beyond Classes
- Combining Classes with Object Composition
- The Path of the Object Summoner Step by Step
- Introduction to the Path of Summoning and Commanding Objects (a.k.a. Object Oriented Programming)
References and Appendix
Appendix A. Setting Up Your Developing Environment For ES6
- Using ES6 with Node.js
- ES6 and Modern Browsers
- Real-World ES6 Development Environments
- Appendix B. Fantasy Glossary
- Appendix A. Setting Up Your Developing Environment For ES6
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
Production HaskellMatt Parsons
Are you excited about Haskell, but don't know where to begin? Are you thrilled by the technical advantages, but worried about the unknown pitfalls? This book has you covered.
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
Ansible for KubernetesJeff Geerling
Ansible is a powerful infrastructure automation tool. Kubernetes is a powerful application deployment platform. Learn how to use these tools to automate massively-scalable, highly-available infrastructure.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Composing SoftwareEric Elliott
All software design is composition: the act of breaking complex problems down into smaller problems and composing those solutions. Most developers have a limited understanding of compositional techniques. It's time for that to change.
Practical FP in Scala: A hands-on approachGabriel Volpe
A practical book aimed for those familiar with functional programming in Scala who are yet not confident about architecting an application from scratch.
Together, we will develop a purely functional application using the best libraries in the Cats ecosystem, while learning about design patterns and best practices.
Tame your Work FlowSteve Tendon and Daniel Doiron
Do you need a high performance enterprise governance approach improving management, execution and delivery while dealing with multiple projects/products, events, stakeholders and teams? Giving you better bottom line results, faster time to market, less work, better predictability, happier employees, and delighted clients? Then learn about TameFlow!
Invest In Digital Health - The Medical Futurist's GuideDr. Bertalan Mesko
Artificial Intelligence and Digital Health are booming. In this book, we explain why now it's a good time to invest in Digital Health and give recommendations on where to invest by looking at the top 24 technological trends we find the most promising.
The Hundred-Page Machine Learning BookAndriy Burkov
Everything you really need to know in Machine Learning in a hundred pages.
Windows 10 System Programming, Part 1Pavel Yosifovich
Growing Agile: The Complete Coach's Guide
7 BooksGrowing Agile: Coach's Guide Series This bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity...
The Tester's Library
8 BooksThe Tester's Library consists of eight five-star books that every software tester should read and re-read. As bound books, this collection would cost over $200. Even as e-books, their price would exceed $80, but in this bundle, their cost is only $49.99. Here are the books, and why they should be in your library: Perfect Software and Other...
11 BooksIn this bundle, you will find 10 different agile books. They are about different aspects of being agile. - finding a job - doing coding dojo's - Retrospectives - Personal kanban - a non-typical coaching book and even a book that gives you an insight in the lives of some agile people.
WTFlop 6M + HU - Beta Bundle
Growing Agile: Coach's Guide Series
4 BooksThis bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity instructions to run a number of...
Marionette.js A to Z
Build A Better Backbone App
3 BooksThe best way to learn new development skills is through experience, but that takes time you don't have.Get the best of both worlds with this bundle: you'll learn how to produce modern web applications by learning from experienced developers like Derick Bailey and David Sulc. BackboneJS is one of the favorite tools on the web today, but it...
General Systems Thinker Bundle
5 BooksThe General Systems Thinker Bundle is just that: a bundle of five books to advance the reader one giant step toward improved thinking, based on General Systems principles. Four of the books are the complete General Systems Series. The fifth is fictional piece which shows some general systems thinkers in action. It's a mystery in which a group of...
Experiential Learning Bundle
4 BooksThis bundle provides all four volumes of the popular Experiential Learning Series at a savings of $20 over the price if purchased separately.
2 BooksAfter getting up and running with Ansible in Jeff Geerling's Ansible for DevOps, strengthen your skills managing tens to thousands of instances and services in Amazon's AWS cloud with Yan Kurniawan's Ansible for AWS.