About the Book
- A detailed look at the new and awesome ES6 features in a historical context, highlighting why they exist and which problems they're trying to solve
- A breathtaking story of EPIC proportions and awkward sense of humor...
We, programmers, sadly do not live in such a world. But we do have a measure of magic in ourselves, we have the skills and power to create things out of nothingness. And even if we cannot throw fireballs or levitate (yet), we can definitely change/improve/enhance reality and the universe around us with our little creations. Ain't that freaking awesome?
Andreas is a consultant, passionate programmer, double master and a lifelong learner.
Andreas enjoys all sorts of tech and has been developing software that runs on everything from ship engines to the cloud. He enjoys working in the full stack because it’s rewarding, exciting and challenging, all at the same time.
Independent software consultant and agile coach, Nathan is pas- sionate about development and a firm believer in agile principles. In his day job he is contractor helping clients to build and deliver working software.
Nathan has successfully bootstrapped agile teams in various com- panies and has given presentations on technology and agile at a number of events.
Software Developer at Simplygon
Software Developer and IT Consultant at Active Solution
I read it and it's awesome! Book tip for those who want to gain/refresh some JS skills :)
Software Developer at NéoSynergix Inc.
Junior Front End Developer at Realm Entertainment Ltd
- About The Author
- About the Technical Reviewers
- A Story About Why I Wrote This Book
- What is the Goal of This Book?
- Is This Book For You?
- How is The Book Organized?
- Understanding the Code Samples in This Book
- A Note About ECMAScript 5 and ECMAScript 6,7 within The Book
- A Note About the Use of Generalizations in This Book
- Do You Have Any Feedback? Found Any Error?
- A Final Word From the Author
- Once Upon a Time…
- Exception Handling
- Regular Expressions
- The Basics Of Functions
- Functions are the Key
- Function Expressions
- Function Declarations
- Concluding: Prefer Function Declarations and Named Function Expressions
Useful Function Patterns: Default Arguments
- Have You Heard Of Defaults?
- Defaults with Objects
- Native Default Arguments with ECMAScript 6
More Useful Function Patterns: Arbitrary Arguments
- An Arbitrary Number of Arguments
- Functions with Arbitrary Arguments Right Now!
- Array-Like Objects
- Native Arbitrary Arguments with ES6 Rest Parameters
More Useful Function Patterns: Function Overloading
- Have you Heard About The Marvels Of Overloading?
- How Do We Do Function Overloading Then?
- Function Overloading by Inspecting Arguments
- Using an Options Object
- Relying on ES6 Defaults
- Taking Advantage of Polymorphic Functions
- An Army of Objects
- Object Initializers (a.k.a. Object Literals)
- Creating Objects With Factories
- ES6 Improves Object Initializers
- ES6 Symbols and Data Privacy
- This, Your Most Dangerous Foe
- Type Coercion Madness
A Guide to Strings, Finding the Right Words and Proper Spell Intonation
- Find the Right Words You Must
- The Basic Of Strings
- New String Features in ES6
- String Cheatsheet
- Welcome to the Future! ECMAScript 6
- Destructure All The Things!
- Destructuring Objects
- Destructuring Arrays
- Destructuring Function Arguments
- Behold! The Arrow Function!
- Arrow Functions Arcana
- Arrow Functions And This Gotchas
- Arrow Functions Don’t Have Arguments Object
- Arrow Functions and the New and Super Operators
- Ready To Spread Your Wings?
- Use the Spread Operator to Seamlessly Concatenate Arrays
- Easily Use Apply With the Spread Operator
- Converting Array-likes and Collections Into Arrays
- Spread Lets You Combine New and Apply
- We’ll Just Need To Make Sense of All These Items
- An Extremely Flexible Data Structure
- Sorting Arrays
- Safe Array Methods
- Other ES6 and ES7 Features
- Array Cheatsheet
Organizing Your Data With ES6 Maps
- Take a Look at These Maps
- Iterating Over the Elements of a Map
- Creating a Map From an Iterable Collection
- Map Cheatsheet
Sets, For When There Can Only Be One
- You Are One of a Kind
- Working With Sets
- Iterating Sets
- Using Array Methods With Sets
- How Do Sets Understand Equality?
- Sets Cheatsheet
- Book I. Epilogue
Introduction to the Path of Summoning and Commanding Objects (a.k.a. Object Oriented Programming)
- OOP Beyond Classes
- Combining Classes with Object Composition
- The Path of the Object Summoner Step by Step
- Introduction to the Path of Summoning and Commanding Objects (a.k.a. Object Oriented Programming)
References and Appendix
Appendix A. Setting Up Your Developing Environment For ES6
- Using ES6 with Node.js
- ES6 and Modern Browsers
- Real-World ES6 Development Environments
- Appendix B. Fantasy Glossary
- Appendix A. Setting Up Your Developing Environment For ES6
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
C++ Best PracticesJason Turner
Level up your C++, get the tools working for you, eliminate common problems, and move on to more exciting things!
Continuous Delivery PipelinesDave Farley
This practical handbook provides a step-by-step guide for you to get the best continuous delivery pipeline for your software.
OpenIntro StatisticsDavid Diez, Christopher Barr, Mine Cetinkaya-Rundel, and OpenIntro
A complete foundation for Statistics, also serving as a foundation for Data Science.
Leanpub revenue supports OpenIntro (US-based nonprofit) so we can provide free desk copies to teachers interested in using OpenIntro Statistics in the classroom and expand the project to support free textbooks in other subjects.
More resources: openintro.org.
C++20 is the next big C++ standard after C++11. As C++11 did it, C++20 changes the way we program modern C++. This change is, in particular, due to the big four of C++20: ranges, coroutines, concepts, and modules.
The book is almost daily updated. These incremental updates ease my interaction with the proofreaders.
Atomic KotlinBruce Eckel and Svetlana Isakova
For both beginning and experienced programmers! From the author of the multi-award-winning Thinking in C++ and Thinking in Java together with a member of the Kotlin language team comes a book that breaks the concepts into small, easy-to-digest "atoms," along with exercises supported by hints and solutions directly inside IntelliJ IDEA!
Introductory Statistics with Randomization and SimulationMine Cetinkaya-Rundel, Christopher Barr, OpenIntro, and David Diez
A complete foundation for Statistics, also serving as a foundation for Data Science, that introduces inference using randomization and simulation while covering traditional methods.
Leanpub revenue supports OpenIntro, so we can provide free desk copies to teachers interested in using our books in the classroom.
More resources: openintro.org.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Java OOP Done RightAlan Mellor
Object Oriented Programming is still a great way to create clean, maintainable code. But only if you use it right.
This book gives you 25 years of OO best practice, ready to use.
You'll learn to design objects behaviour-first, use TDD to help, then confidently apply Design Patterns, SOLID principles and Refactoring to make clean, crafted code.
Introducing EventStormingAlberto Brandolini
The deepest tutorial and explanation about EventStorming, straight from the inventor.
Discrete Mathematics for Computer ScienceAlexander Shen, Alexander S. Kulikov, Vladimir Podolskii, and Aleksandr Golovnev
This book supplements the DM for CS Specialization at Coursera and contains many interactive puzzles, autograded quizzes, and code snippets. They are intended to help you to discover important ideas in discrete mathematics on your own. By purchasing the book, you will get all updates of the book free of charge when they are released.
Software Architecture for Developers: Volumes 1 & 2 - Technical leadership and communication
2 Books"Software Architecture for Developers" is a practical and pragmatic guide to modern, lightweight software architecture, specifically aimed at developers. You'll learn:The essence of software architecture.Why the software architecture role should include coding, coaching and collaboration.The things that you really need to think about before...
CCIE Service Provider Ultimate Study Bundle
2 BooksPiotr Jablonski, Lukasz Bromirski, and Nick Russo have joined forces to deliver the only CCIE Service Provider training resource you'll ever need. This bundle contains a detailed and challenging collection of workbook labs, plus an extensively detailed technical reference guide. All of us have earned the CCIE Service Provider certification...
Cisco CCNA 200-301 Complet
4 BooksCe lot comprend les quatre volumes du guide préparation à l'examen de certification Cisco CCNA 200-301.
Modern C++ by Nicolai Josuttis
CCDE Practical Studies (All labs)
3 BooksCCDE lab
"The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++"
2 BooksGet my books "The C++ Standard Library" and "Concurrency with Modern C++" in a bundle. The first book gives you the details you should know about the C++ standard library; the second one dives deeper into concurrency with modern C++. In sum, you get more than 600 pages full of modern C++ and about 250 source files presenting the standard library...
2 BooksDocker and Kubernetes are taking the world by storm! These books will get you up-to-speed fast! Docker Deep Dive is over 400 pages long, and covers all objectives on the Docker Certified Associate exam.The Kubernetes Book includes everything you need to get up and running with Kubernetes!
Modern Management Made Easy
3 BooksRead all three Modern Management Made Easy books. Learn to manage yourself, lead and serve others, and lead the organization.
The Future of Digital Health
6 BooksWe put together the most popular books from The Medical Futurist to provide a clear picture about the major trends shaping the future of medicine and healthcare. Digital health technologies, artificial intelligence, the future of 20 medical specialties, big pharma, data privacy and how technology giants such as Amazon or Google want to conquer...
Django for Beginners/APIs/Professionals