Domain-Driven Design: The First 15 Years
This book is 100% complete
Completed on 2019-02-07
About the Book
Fifteen years after the publication of "Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software" by Eric Evans, DDD is gaining more adoption than ever. To celebrate the anniversary, we've asked prominent authors in the software design world to contribute old and new essays. With contributions by Martin Fowler, James Coplien, Rebecca Wirfs-Brock, Mel Conway, and many more.
I am helping teams and companies to develop brilliant solutions to complex problems. Sometimes this involves writing software. Sometimes this involves working with people. I like both ways, especially when it leads me into unexplored territories.
I've been coding since 1982, experimenting since ...forever? This led me into Agile, Domain-Driven Design, Lean, Complexity, Management 3.0 and everything needed in order to solve the problem.
I am a father, a husband, an entrepreneur, a consultant, a developer, a teacher, a public speaker, a cook, a drummer... now it's time to be a writer.
I run avanscoperta, one of the coolest places on earth to teach, learn and experiment.
Cyrille is co-founder of Arolla, a Paris-based company specializing in Software Craftsmanship. Cyrille is a developer with passion since 1999 in several startups, software vendors and banks. Passionate about design in every aspect (TDD, BDD, DDD), he also founded the Paris Software Craftsmanship community and is a regular speaker in Paris, Europe and US.
Still addicted to development, Cyrille dedicates a large part of his energy for clients, hands-on in the code, yet also deeply involved in the business analysis and company-scale transformation initiatives. Over the course of 15 years and many different projects in many contexts, he has tried with his colleagues and peers in other companies many non standard documentation techniques, some more successful than others, always with the end goal of harnessing documentation to raise the bar in software design as a result.
- Distilling DDD Into First Principles — Scott Millett
- To DDD or not to DDD… What to do if your domain is boring? — Weronika Łabaj
- Discovering Bounded Contexts with EventStorming — Alberto Brandolini
- Emergent Contexts through Refinement — Mathias Verraes
- The Captain of the Night Watch — Indu Alagarsamy
- Traces, Tracks, Trails, and Paths: An Exploration of How We Approach Software Design — Rebecca Wirfs-Brock
- Ubiquitous Language - More Than Just Shared Vocabulary — Avraham Poupko
- Domain Modeling with Algebraic Data Types — Scott Wlaschin
- Domain Modeling with Monoids — Cyrille Martraire
- Enhancing DDD — Prof. David West
- Are you building the right thing? — Alexey Zimarev
- Multiple Canonical Models – Martin Fowler
- From Human Decisions, to Suggestions to Automated Decisions – Jef Claes
- Time — Jérémie Chassaing
- Agents aka Domain objects on steroids – Einar Landre
- Domain-Driven Design as Usability for Coders — Anita Kvamme
- Model Exploration Whirlpool – Kenny Baas-Schwegler
- Domain-Driven Design as a Centered Set — Paul Rayner
- DDD — The Misunderstood Mantra — James O. Coplien
- Free the Collaboration Barrier - Mel Conway
- 7 Years of DDD: Tackling Complexity in a Large-Scale Marketing System — Vladik Khononov
- Tackling Complexity in ERP Software: a Love Song to Bounded Contexts — Machiel de Graaf and Michiel Overeem
- Calm Your Spirit with Bounded Contexts – Julie Lerman
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. Free App. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets), MOBI (for Kindle) and in the free Leanpub App (for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.