Data Structures and Algorithms for Job Interviews
Data Structures and Algorithms for Job Interviews
Prep for the interview and get the job you want
About the Book
Land the Software Engineer job you want by mastering one of the most challenging questions you might face during the interview. This book is a collection of Data Structures and Algorithms to train and win the Interview.
Get ahead of the competition by solving a wide variety of coding problems !!
All the problems are solved in Python code.
The book is divided in 9 chapters covering:
- Bit Manipulation.
- Dynamic Programming.
- Linked List.
- Strings or Arrays.
Check out other books from the author:
Other Books by Alejandro
- Recommended Resources
- Who is this book for ?
- What this book covers ?
Chapter 1: Bit Manipulation
- Check whether a given number n is a power of 2 or 0
- Count number of bits needed to be flipped to convert A to B
- Find the two non-repeating elements in an array of repeating elements
- Find the next greater and next smaller number with same number of set bits
Chapter 2: Dynamic Programming
- 0-1 Knapsack Problem
- Cutting Rod problem
- Minimum number of edits (operations) required to convert ‘str1’ into ‘str2’
- Given a 2-D matrix of 0s and 1s, find the Largest Square which contains all 1s in itself
- Given two sequences, print the longest subsequence present in both of them.
- Length of the longest subsequence in an array such that all elements of the subsequence are sorted in increasing order
- Find minimum cost path in a matrix from (0,0) to given point (m,n)
- Partition a set into two subsets such that the difference of subset sums is minimum
- Minimum number of umbrellas of m different sizes required to accomodate N people
- Determine if there is a subset of the given set with sum equal to given sum
- Given a distance ‘dist, count total number of ways to cover the distance with 1, 2 and 3 steps
Chapter 3: Graph
- Find all possible words in a board of characters
- Breadth First Search Traversal
- Depth First Search Traversal
- Detect Cycle in directed graph
- Detect cycle in undirected graph
- Dijkstra’s Shortest Path Algorithm
- Find shortest distances between each pair of vertices in a given edge weighted directed Graph
- Graph implementation
- Kruskal’s Algorithm for Minimum Spanning Tree
- Topological Sort
Chapter 4: Heaps
- Heap Sort algorithm
- Max Heap implementation
- Min Heap implementation
- Find the median for an incoming stream of numbers after each insertion in the list of numbers
Chapter 5: Linked List
- Clone a linked list with next and random pointer
- Given a linked list of line segments, remove middle points if any
- Construct a Maximum Sum Linked List out of two Sorted Linked Lists having some Common nodes.
- Merge a linked list into another linked list at alternate positions
- Perform Merge Sort
- Point to next higher value node in a linked list with an arbitrary pointer
- Find if linked list contains any cycle
- To select a random node in a singly linked list
- Find and remove cycle if any
- Reverse alternate sub list of K nodes each
- Reverse a linked list
- Bring even valued nodes to the front
- Implementation of Singly Linked List
Chapter 6: Mathematics
- Fine the number of trailing zeros in factorial of a number
- Find the greatest common divisor of 2 numbers
- Print all prime factors of a given number
- Sieve of Eratosthenes (find prime numbers up to n efficiently)
Chapter 7: Matrix
- Given the Coordinates of King and Queen on a chessboard, check if queen threatens the king
- Search in a row wise and column wise sorted matrix
- Given a 2D array, print it in spiral form
Chapter 8: Strings or Arrays
- Find the longest substring with k unique characters in a given string
- Find a pattern in a string using KMP search algorithm
- Find the Kth smallest element in the array
- Find a pair in an array with sum x
- Print all valid (properly opened and closed) combinations of n pairs of parentheses
- Reverse the order of the words in the array
- Find index of given number in a sorted array shifted by an unknown offset
- Print all permutations of a given string
- Linear Search in an array
- Binary Search in an array
- Interpolation Search in an array
- Bubble sort Algorithm
- Counting sort Algorithm (non-comparision based sorting)
- Insertion sort Algorithm
- Sort an array where each element is at most k places away from its sorted position
- Merge Sort Algorithm
- Quick Sort Algorithm using last element as pivot
- Selection sort Algorithm
Chapter 9: Tree
- Binary Search Tree implementation
- Check if a given array can represent Preorder Traversal of Binary Search Tree
- Find the in-order ancestor of a given node in BST
- Find the Lowest Common Ancestor
- Given a sorted array, create a BST with minimal height
- Print Nodes in Bottom View of Binary Tree
- Check if a binary tree is height balanced
- Check whether a binary tree is a full binary tree or not
- Given two binary trees, check if the first tree is subtree of the second one
- Find the Lowest Common Ancestor in a Binary Tree
- Create a list of all nodes at each depth
- Find the maximum path sum i.e. max sum of a path in a binary tree
- Find minimum depth of a binary tree
- Remove nodes on root to leaf paths of length < K
- Given a Perfect Binary Tree, reverse the alternate level nodes of the tree
- Print Nodes in Top View of Binary Tree
- Implementation of Trie data structure
- Keep developing your programming skills
- About the Author
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.
El Manual del ManagerKeyvan Akbary, Félix López, and Álvaro Salazar
¿Has deseado alguna vez el haber tenido una buena introducción al rol del Engineering Manager? En este libro aprenderás lo necesario para ejercer el rol de una manera efectiva: Expectativas y Responsabilidades del Rol, 1-1s, Ayudar a Crecer, Objetivos, Planes de Carrera, Cultura, Feedback, Contratación, Cultura de Producto y mucho más.
Functional Design and ArchitectureAlexander Granin
Software Design in Functional Programming, Design Patterns and Practices, Methodologies and Application Architectures. How to build real software in Haskell with less efforts and low risks. The first complete source of knowledge.
CCIE Service Provider Version 4 Written and Lab Exam Comprehensive GuideNicholas Russo
The service provider landscape has changed rapidly over the past several years. Networking vendors are continuing to propose new standards, techniques, and procedures for overcoming new challenges while concurrently reducing costs and delivering new services. Cisco has recently updated the CCIE Service Provider track to reflect these changes; this book represents the author's personal journey in achieving that certification.
CCIE SP v4.1 - WorkbookŁukasz Bromirski, Piotr Jablonski, and Nicholas Russo
Are you striving to prepare to and pass CCIE SP lab exam? Take the opportunity and get this workbook! With the attached initial cfg files you will prepare yourself for the CCIE SP exam as well as learn SP technologies applicable to all kinds of today modern networks! This workbook covers blueprint topics and provides challenging examples.
Ansible for KubernetesJeff Geerling
Ansible is a powerful infrastructure automation tool. Kubernetes is a powerful application deployment platform. Learn how to use these tools to automate massively-scalable, highly-available infrastructure.
Ansible for DevOpsJeff Geerling
Ansible is a simple, but powerful, server and configuration management tool. Learn to use Ansible effectively, whether you manage one server—or thousands.
Code Faster in DelphiAlister Christie
This book will make you a faster Delphi developer, it doesn't matter if you are just starting out, or have been using Delphi since version 1, you will find all sorts of tips, tricks and hacks to boost your productivity.
Practical FP in Scala: A hands-on approachGabriel Volpe
A practical book aimed for those familiar with functional programming in Scala who are yet not confident about architecting an application from scratch.
Together, we will develop a purely functional application using the best libraries in the Cats ecosystem, while learning about design patterns and best practices.
R Programming for Data ScienceRoger D. Peng
This book brings the fundamentals of R programming to you, using the same material developed as part of the industry-leading Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization. The skills taught in this book will lay the foundation for you to begin your journey learning data science. Printed copies of this book are available through Lulu.
Cloud StrategyGregor Hohpe
“Strategy is the difference between making a wish and making it come true.” A successful migration to the cloud shouldn’t be driven by wishes, but guided by a sound strategy, frameworks, and decision models. This book tells you how—without becoming superficial nor getting lost in technology and product details.
11 BooksThe Quality Software Bundle is for managers, would-be managers, and any of us who find themselves being managed and confused. This comprehensive bundle covers the entire span of software development approaches, from hacking through waterfall, cascade, prototyping, Iterative enhancement, reusable code, off-the-shelf, to Agile teams. The bundle...
Growing Agile: The Complete Coach's Guide
7 BooksGrowing Agile: Coach's Guide Series This bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity...
11 BooksIn this bundle, you will find 10 different agile books. They are about different aspects of being agile. - finding a job - doing coding dojo's - Retrospectives - Personal kanban - a non-typical coaching book and even a book that gives you an insight in the lives of some agile people.
WTFlop 6M + HU - Beta Bundle
Fifty Quick Ideas
3 BooksGet all three books for the price of two! Fifty Quick Ideas books are full of practical, real-world techniques that you can use to improve teamwork, build better products and build them in a better way.
Growing Agile: Coach's Guide Series
4 BooksThis bundle provides a collection of training and workshop plans for a variety of agile topics. The series is aimed at agile coaches, trainers and ScrumMasters who often find themselves needing to help teams understand agile concepts. Each book in the series provides the plans, slides, handouts and activity instructions to run a number of...
Marionette.js A to Z
Complete Scala Bundle
3 BooksScala is a general-purpose programming language and it's getting extremely popular these days. Some say that learning Scala could be a challenging task. My experience, however, suggests that this is actually a myth that has very little to do with reality. With the right approach, learning Scala can be easy, fun and rewarding.The first book from...
Build A Better Backbone App
3 BooksThe best way to learn new development skills is through experience, but that takes time you don't have.Get the best of both worlds with this bundle: you'll learn how to produce modern web applications by learning from experienced developers like Derick Bailey and David Sulc. BackboneJS is one of the favorite tools on the web today, but it...