Collaboration at the Crossroads
Collaboration at the Crossroads
The Enabling of Large-Scale Cross-Sector Collaborative Developments
About the Book
Collaboration at the Crossroads aims to demonstrate that although large-scale cross-sector collaborative development projects are renowned for their complexity and extreme difficulty success can be achieved.
The book explains how the chronically violent area of Crossroads was transformed during South Africa’s rocky road out of apartheid through a collaboration of thirty different communities and constantly changing government structures, for the benefit of more than thirty thousand households. By comparing this experience with the evidence of international case research the book identifies some new keys for success for addressing large-scale social crises in volatile, turbulent environments.
Collaboration at the Crossroads answers the following questions:
· Under what circumstances is cross-sector collaboration required?
· Who must be involved?
· On what terms?
· With what mandates?
· How can they be brought together?
· How can they be kept together?
· What structures are required?
· What process should be followed?
· How should decisions be made?
· How can attacks be anticipated and repelled?
· What if there is a walk out?
· What if violence and lawlessness persist?
· How can interminable changes within participating organisations be accommodated?
· What if participating personnel are transferred or lose interest?
· What is the sign of success in a collaborative project?
The book identifies the characteristics of a small band of enablers who will make the difference between success and failure – and the decisions that are required to empower them.
Melissa Fagan is a writer and editor living in Cape Town. Besides editing for authors on Leanpub, she works for commercial publishers such as Oxford University Press, Pearson, Macmillan and Cambridge University Press.
Follow @melissahfagan on Twitter or email her at email@example.com.
- About the Author
PART ONE: The iSLP Case Study
- Chapter 1: The Crisis and its Causes
- Chapter 2: Collaborate or Consolidate?
- Chapter 3: Laying the Foundation
- Chapter 4: Creating the Framework
- Chapter 5: The End of the Beginning
- Chapter 6: Organising for Implementation
- Chapter 7: Delivering the Deliverables Implementation
- Chapter 8: Review
PART TWO: Understanding Cross-Sector Collaboration
- Chapter 9: Participation and Beyond
- Chapter 10: Into Collaborative Space
- Chapter 11: Enabling Cross-Sector Collaboration
PART THREE: An Enabler’s Manual
- An Enabler’s Manual: Contents
- Chapter 12: A Framework for the Process of Cross-Sector Collaboration
- Notes and References
- List of Illustrations and Tables
- Acronyms and Abbreviations
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.