31 days of Drupal migrations
This book is 30% complete
Last updated on 2020-05-29
About the Book
This book covers Migrate API concepts for Drupal 8/9 and beyond. Examples include migrating from different sources into different destination types. It also includes tips on running migration projects and debugging issues. You can read the full series online at https://understanddrupal.com/31-days-of-migrations If you are able to pay for the eBook version of the series, your purchase will support keeping this educational project moving forward.
Drupal migrations: Understanding the ETL process
- Understanding the ETL process
- Drupal migrations: a two step process
Writing your first Drupal migration
- Writing the migration definition file
- Running the migration
Using process plugins for data transformation in Drupal migrations
- Syntactic sugar
- Providing default values
- Concatenating values
- Chaining process plugins
Migrating data into Drupal subfields
- Getting the example code
- Migrating formatted text
- Migrating images
- Which subfields are available?
- Default subfields
Using constants and pseudofields as data placeholders in the Drupal migration process pipeline
- Setting and using source constants
- Setting and using pseudofields
- Understanding Drupal Migrate API process pipeline
- Migrating images using the image_import plugin
Tips for writing Drupal migrations and understanding their workflow
- Importing and rolling back migrations
- Stopping and resetting migrations
- What happens when you rollback a Drupal migration?
- Re-import or update migrations
- Tips for writing Drupal migrations
Migrating files and images into Drupal
- File entity migrate destination
- Source section definition
- Process section definition
- Skipping invalid records
- Creating the destination URI
- Creating the source URI
- Copying the image file to Drupal
Introduction to migration dependencies in Drupal
- Breaking up migrations
- Writing the source and destination definition
- Using previously imported files in image fields
- Being explicit about migration dependencies
- Tagging migrations
Migrating taxonomy terms and multivalue fields into Drupal
- Getting the code
- Migrating taxonomy terms and their hierarchy
- Migrating multivalue taxonomy terms fields
- More syntactic sugar
Migrating users into Drupal - Part 1
- Getting the code
- Understanding the source
- Configuring the destination and dependencies
- Processing the fields
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers), EPUB (for phones and tablets) and MOBI (for Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.