Wrinklefree JS for Hipsters
Wrinklefree JS for Hipsters
A cutthroat guide to architect, design, and oversee web application projects.
About the Book
Wrinklefree JS for Hipsters:
- Get walkthroughs for real-world examples in use today by real tech projects to make you and your products hirable, sellable, and promotion material.
- Learn to architect and design User Experiences and oversee small or large projects with Agile techniques
- Get the tools, software, and web apps you need to establish the best workflow for you
Act I: jQuery Application Architecture
Act II: Removing jQuery from Your Site for Better Performance
Act IV: Using Popular Frameworks Today
Act V: Making Your Own Framework
Act VI: Performance Engineering Tactics - How to twiddle bits and thumbs
Act VII: UX/UI Mastercraft
Act VIII: NO-DOM - "Sticking it" to the querying APIs
Act IX: No-Backend - Going from idea to app in 2 weeks
Act X: "Analytics ALL TEH THINGS!"
Act XI: A/B Testing for Grown-ups
- The Master Toolbelt - A developer suite from the future
- Zen and the Art of the Office - Workflow for the happy coder
- Agility Practices - Where technology can't fix it for you
- Tools and Tricks of the Trade - Free time management, billing, collaboration, and documentation services and software
- The Playlist - Music and playlists for coding to fit any mood and accompany any drink
- The BioHack - "Smarter, Better, Faster, Stronger" or How to maximize your biological potential for less sleep and better focus
- The "Kitchn" - Cheap, super healthy recipes to impress your date or just stay on a budget
- Code From Last Night - The best ways to code drunk
- Progressive Enhancement, and why I believe your code is really the last thing to fix.
- Guiding Principles
- On Web Development and Shakespeare
- Following the VISION
2 jQuery Is Dead! Long Live jQuery!
- Replacing Common jQuery Uses with Faster Native Procedures
- Writing Your Own Library
- Wrapping Up
3 Essential JS Design Patterns
- Defining Properties on Objects
- Sorry… private variables?
- The first pattern: Singletons
- Pattern #2: the Observer
- Information Exchange: the PubSub pattern
- Single Responsibility Principle
- Choosing a Web Server Backend
The Leanpub 60 Day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
Now, this is technically risky for us, since you'll have the book or course files either way. But we're so confident in our products and services, and in our authors and readers, that we're happy to offer a full money back guarantee for everything we sell.
You can only find out how good something is by trying it, and because of our 100% money back guarantee there's literally no risk to do so!
So, there's no reason not to click the Add to Cart button, is there?
See full terms...
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.