The Value Mix
Last updated on 2019-01-09
About the Book
Creating and launching a new product or a business is difficult.
That’s because there are a lots of uncertainties.
It’s inherent to process of making something new.
By definition, since it’s new, we don’t know if it’ll work. The hard truth is that it may not work.
Fortunately, in the recent years, the management literature has given us methods: new ways of approaching the innovation process.
To you the words “lean startup”, “design thinking”, and “customer development” certainly sound familiar.
These are great innovation methods!
But here’s the thing…
Even by following these methods, you’re still missing a key element of your innovation journey.
..a tool that helps you create a new value proposition.
- How do you turn market data into insight?
- How do map your product strategy?
- What are the elements you keep in mind to make sure you are creating value for your customers?
What's inside the book:
The Value Mix is an innovation tool that helps you to do two things:
- Know your target customers better to create real value for them;
- Build a coherent strategy for your new products and services.
The book is sharp. 75 pages about creating meaningful propositions for your customers.
By focusing on the interactions between your customers and your product, this framework allows you to be as accurate as possible. This means capturing enough nuances to reflect the reality of our world.
The origin of this book:
The ideas in this book are the connection of many things:
- my journey building my own businesses GoudronBlanc and Blackwood,
- teaching masterclasses at UCL, London Business School, and Princeton,
- my experience running innovation projects for Fortune 500 companies,
- chats with fellow entrepreneurs and investors,
- and the writing of many businesspeople.
These ideas also connect multiple disciplines, such as economics, design, psychology, copywriting, strategy, and marketing.
Who is it for?
I wrote this book for an audience of people invovled in marketing and product strategy:
It's for you if you are:
- An entrepreneur,
- A product manager,
- An innovation manager,
- A brand manager,
- An innovation or strategy consultant,
- A marketer.
The book is sharp and short.
- It has many examples to illustrate the tool;
- Each chapter ends with a key question that helps you share your proposition;
- It can be read in one go (75 pages);
- There are many visuals to guide through the Value Mix framework.
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...