About the Book
These are the revised and illustrated notes of the Software Architecture lecture of the Master in Software and Data Engineering held at the Software Institute at USI Lugano, Switzerland during the Spring of 2020.
The book includes the script for these lectures:
- Quality Attributes
- Modeling Software Architecture
- Modularity and Components
- Reusability and Interfaces
- Composability and Connectors
- Compatibility and Coupling
- Deployability, Portability and Containers
- Availability and Services
- Flexibility and Microservices
About the Author
Cesare Pautasso is full professor at the Software Institute at USI, Lugano, Switzerland. Previously he was a researcher at the IBM Zurich Research Lab (2007). His research group focuses on the Architecture, design and engineering of next-generation Web information systems, RESTful Conversations, Liquid Software and ASQ. He is the co-author of the book "SOA with REST" (2012), "Just Send an Email: Anti-Patterns for Email-Centric Organizations" (2015) and the "BPMN Sketch Miner" (2019) and currently collecting his lecture notes on "Software Architecture" (published on LeanPub). He is currently co-editing the IEEE Software Insights department.