About the Book
These are the revised and illustrated notes of the Software Architecture lecture of the Master in Software and Data Engineering held at the Software Institute at USI Lugano, Switzerland during the Spring of 2022.
The book includes the script for these lectures:
- Quality Attributes
- Modeling Software Architecture
- Modularity and Components
- Reusability and Interfaces
- Composability and Connectors
- Compatibility and Coupling
- Deployability, Portability and Containers
- Availability and Services
- Flexibility and Microservices
About the Author
Cesare Pautasso is full professor at the Software Institute at USI, Lugano, Switzerland. Previously he was a researcher at the IBM Zurich Research Lab. His research group focuses on the Architecture, design and engineering of next-generation Web information systems. He is the co-author of the book "SOA with REST" (2012), "Just Send an Email: Anti-Patterns for Email-Centric Organizations" (2015), the "BPMN Sketch Miner" (2019), "Software Architecture: visual lecture notes" (2020), "Business Process Modeling, Management and Mining: visual lecture notes" (2021), "Beautiful APIs" (2021), "Beautiful API Evolution" (2021), and "Beautiful Big APIs" (2022).