About the Book
Start your own Game Studio!
- 24 General Game Licenses are included in this book - a savings of $1,440 if purchased separately!
Phaser III Game Starter Kit Collection (5th Edition) is a hands-on guide for making browser games using Phaser versions 3.16+ Gaming Frameworks. This book is an entire collection of single chapters available from Amazon. It delves into the greatest classical game mechanics -- 10+ popular game mechanics and 19 sub-genres (for a total of 29!) with development techniques. All written in a fun and friendly style with completed projects and open-ended exercises that encourage you to build and to include your own game assets and features. You’ll also download supporting tools to classify the book’s snippets and add your own modification. Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection (a sister volume to this one) is similar to this book's Part II but all the tutorials in that volume are written in Phaser v2.x.x in a separate volume.
Phaser III Game Starter Kit Collection contains several sections. It starts with
- Part I, an Introduction into game perspective, modes, genres, workstation set-up, and generation tools.
- Part II demonstrates basic game mechanisms using Phaser. Each chapter is a separate game mechanic for Phaser III in this volume! This is a reference book; simply turn to the chapter of the game you'd like to create. In a matter of hours, you will have a working game prototype for that game mechanics using the Game Design System™ -- fully explained in the Phaser III Game Design workbook (new 5th edition). You then add your own artwork and any additional game features; then over the next few days, you'll have your own completed game ready to deploy in the "apps" stores. You might consider this a joint effort: I am your game programmer and you are the game designer, artist, and marketer.
- Part III is a massive collection of 59+ Flash ActionScript games just waiting for you to transpile into Phaser III. There's also a chapter on converting older Phaser v2.x.x into Phaser III!
- Part IV is an excerpt from Making Massive Multiplayer Gaming Systems; it holds all the starter kits essentials for multiplayer games using web sockets.
- Part V introduces Simulations! take your programming skills to the next level in developing Financial Simulations.
You’ll find detailed working examples, with dozens of illustrations and many concepts you can freely apply to your own gaming projects. All the source code annotations enhance the book’s explanation.
If you prefer, you can buy individual chapters - sold separately on LeanPub.com or Amazon.com
What you’ll learn:
By the end of this workbook, you’ll have integrated into your own bespoke game designs:
- Step-by-step methods concerning older Phaser v2.x.x into vIII.21+ conversions.
- Built "future-proof" and flexible game architecture.
- Used the Game Design System™ which creates Game Recipes™. from automated tools.
- Adopted processes for business project management and agile software development.
- Organized a standardized file structure for general game developments;
- Used a blank game template to scaffold further game projects;
- Converted and adopted new upcoming changes in Phaser III API.
- Managed groups and layers of game objects with Phaser III;
- Imported resources and game assets;
- Displayed, animated and moved game avatars on various screen renderings;
- Managed groups of game objects;
- Incorporated sound effects (sfx) and theme music across various game scenes;
- Deployed heads-up display (HUD) on game scenes both inside and outside the canvas;
- Used customized web fonts;
- Incorporated multiple game-inputs (touch, multi-touch, accelerometer, mouse, and keyboard);
- Rendered several physics systems;
- Incorporated sound and graphics effects (sfx, gfx);
- Created and managed various game phase deployments (CMS, SPWA, & PWA);
- Managed permanent game assets across game phases and scenes;
- Optimized your games for various mobile devices;
- Integrated several 3rd-party scripts and services.
Who This Book Is For:
- Free Affiliate Guide
- Game Developers Certification Course (a FREE course valued at $19.99!)
About the Author
Avatar is an adorable cartoon sketch of my wife. 42nd anniversary this Sept 1!
Steve is a Licensed Minister since 1972; certified Network Engineer (retired after 40 years) and currently as a full-time teaching faculty in software engineering and network cyber-security as Professor Emeritus for the past 14 yrs. Since 2002, He has been a Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI).
Review my profile on LinkedIn.com: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-gose-71ba853b/
Personal website: http://www.Stephen-Gose.com./
Kingdom of Heaven: http://kingdomofgodprinciples.com/
Game Support Site: http://makingbrowsergames.com/
Game Showcase: http://www.renown-games.com
Purchase Game source code and License: http://shop.pbmcube.net/