About the Book
Start your own Game Studio!
- 33 General Game Licenses are included in this book - a savings of $1,980 if purchased separately!
Phaser III Game Starter Kit Collection (6th Edition) is a hands-on guide for making browser games using Phaser version 3.16+ Gaming Frameworks. You may also purchase these chapters individually which includes both v2.x.x and v3.16+. This collection delves into 16+ greatest classical and popular game mechanics with 19 sub-genres (for a total of 35!). All are written in a fun and friendly style with completed projects and open-ended exercises that encourage you to build and include your own game assets and features. You’ll also download supporting tools to classify the book’s snippets and add your own modification. Phaser Game Starter Kit Collection (a sister volume to this one exclusively for Phaser v2.x.x) is similar to this book's Part II.
Phaser III Game Starter Kit Collection contains several sections. It starts with
- Part I is an Introduction into the Game Design System™, game perspective, modes, genres, workstation set-up, an introduction to "headless game design", and generation tools.
- Part III is a massive collection of 59+ Flash ActionScript games just waiting for you to transpile from ActionScript 2/3 into Phaser III. There's also several chapters on converting older Phaser v2.x.x into the new Phaser III API!
You’ll find detailed working examples, with dozens of illustrations and many concepts you can freely apply to your own gaming projects. All the source code annotations are enhanced through the book’s explanation.
If you prefer, you can buy individual chapters - sold separately on LeanPub.com or Amazon.com
What you’ll learn:
By the end of this workbook, you’ll have integrated into your own bespoke game designs:
- Step-by-step methods concerning older Phaser v2.x.x into v3.16+ conversions.
- Built "future-proof" and flexible game architecture.
- Used the Game Design System™ which creates Game Recipes™. from automated tools.
- Adopted processes for business project management and agile software development.
- Organized a standardized file structure for general game developments;
- Used a blank game template to scaffold further game projects;
- Converted and adopted new upcoming changes in Phaser III API.
- Managed groups and layers of game objects with Phaser III;
- Imported resources and game assets;
- Displayed, animated and moved game avatars on various screen renderings;
- Managed groups of game objects;
- Incorporated sound effects (sfx) and theme music across various game scenes;
- Deployed heads-up display (HUD) on game scenes both inside and outside the canvas;
- Used customized web fonts;
- Incorporated multiple game-inputs (touch, multi-touch, accelerometer, mouse, and keyboard);
- Rendered several physics systems;
- Incorporated sound and graphics effects (sfx, gfx);
- Created and managed various game phase deployments (CMS, SWPA, & PWA);
- Managed permanent game assets across game phases and scenes;
- Optimized your games for various mobile devices;
- Integrated several 3rd-party scripts and services.
Who This Book Is For:
- Free Affiliate Guide
- Game Developers Certification Course (a FREE course valued at $19.99!)
About the Author
Avatar is an adorable cartoon sketch of my wife. 46th anniversary this coming Sept 1, 2024!
Stephen Gose, Ph.D. Information Systems (honorary) (and second-generation German) is a retired Professor Emeritus with a 41-year career as a certified network engineer, and "Certified Cisco Academy Instructor" (CCAI) since 2002. He is listed in the Who's Who for Information Technology for his directly related work for the Internet backbones found in the Caribbean, Netherlands, Israel, and Russia. He was awarded "Letters of Appreciation" from AT&T, and the German, Israeli, Dutch, and Russian Governments. Steve has nearly three decades of international "teaching and conference lecturing" in both Local-Area and Wide-Area Networks, network security, Internet backbones, software engineering, and program/project management. He is a retired US Army Signal Corps Officer. He earned, in 2014, the ITT Technical Institute's "Instructor of the Year" out of 8,000 instructors across 144 campuses throughout the USA.
He graduated from Grand Canyon University with his first B.A. in Religions and Music Education, then a B.S. in Business Admin. from the University of Maryland, and an M.B.A in International Management from Liberty University.
He is currently pursuing his Th.D. He has served as a licensed minister since 1972 and as a missionary to Okinawa, Japan. He earned the US Army Chaplain Outstanding Service Award in 1983.
In his spare time(?), Steve enjoys creating online casual games, software engineering, and managing his online gaming businesses.
My driving theme: "Always stay humble and kind"
His personal website is: http://www.Stephen-Gose.com./
His game showcase is: http://www.renown-games.com
His theology website: http://kingdomofgodprinciples.com/
Game Support Site: http://makingbrowsergames.com/
Review my profile on LinkedIn.com: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-gose/