Mastering Go Network Automation
Mastering Go Network Automation
Automating Networks, Container Orchestration, Kubernetes with Puppet, Vegeta and Apache JMeter
About the Book
"Mastering Go Network Administration" is a structured beginning for network administrators looking to improve network efficiency, scalability, and security. This book provides a one-stop solution for all of your network administration needs, with comprehensive coverage of automation, security, containerization, monitoring, and performance testing.
Beginning with the fundamentals of creating a network automation lab with the EVENG network simulator and the Go programming language, readers will learn the step-by-step process of installing EVE-NG, followed by the importance of service mesh in automation and how it can simplify network operations.
The book delves deeply into critical topics such as deploying ingress controllers and implementing service mesh with Linkerd. Readers will learn about container-native storage, container storage management with Docker, and automated SSL certificates, firewall configuration, and network policies. Monitoring and performance tuning are also covered in the book, including how to monitor container performance and automatically roll out updates. The book covers a series of performance testing strategies like load testing, stress testing, and scalability testing. It shows readers how to find performance bottlenecks and optimise their network with the help of tools like Vegeta and Apache JMeter through the use of real-world examples.
- Setting up an EVE-NG network simulator, VIM IDE, kubeadm, and a comprehensive network automation lab to improve network efficiency, scalability, and security.
- Configuring ports, hosts, and servers using Go scripting to streamline network automation.
- Writing, testing, and validating network automation scripts to ensure smooth and reliable network administration.
- Building Docker images, running containers, and managing container deployments for efficient containerization.
- Automating load balancing, firewall configuration, and Kubernetes network policies for seamless network management.
- Working with popular tools such as Puppet, Zookeeper, Traefik, Envoy, and various Go networking packages.
- Automating SSL setup, container storage, container performance monitoring, and rolling updates.
- Using powerful load testing tools like Vegeta and Apache JMeter for efficient load testing, stress testing, and scalability testing to identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks.
Table of Content
- Go Essentials for Networks
- Setting Up Network Automation Environment
- Configuring Modern Networks
- Write, Test and Validate Automation Scripts
- Automation of Configuration Management
- Networking with Container and Docker
- Orchestrating Containers and Automating Workloads
- Automate SSL, Container-native Storage and Performance
- Kubernetes Automation
- Service Mesh, Firewall and Network Policies
- Network Performance Testing
If you're a network administrator who wants to level up your game, "Mastering Go Network administration" is the book for you. This book will help you become a more efficient, effective, and confident network administrator by providing clear explanations, practical examples, and comprehensive coverage.
The Leanpub 60-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 60 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms
80% Royalties. Earn $16 on a $20 book.
We pay 80% royalties. That's not a typo: you earn $16 on a $20 sale. If we sell 5000 non-refunded copies of your book or course for $20, you'll earn $80,000.
(Yes, some authors have already earned much more than that on Leanpub.)
In fact, authors have earnedover $12 millionwriting, publishing and selling on Leanpub.
Learn more about writing on Leanpub
Free Updates. DRM Free.
If you buy a Leanpub book, you get free updates for as long as the author updates the book! Many authors use Leanpub to publish their books in-progress, while they are writing them. All readers get free updates, regardless of when they bought the book or how much they paid (including free).
Most Leanpub books are available in PDF (for computers) and EPUB (for phones, tablets and Kindle). The formats that a book includes are shown at the top right corner of this page.
Finally, Leanpub books don't have any DRM copy-protection nonsense, so you can easily read them on any supported device.