Last updated on 2017-01-03
About the Book
Jerry Weinberg has been called "the grandfather of Agile Programming." Like all grandfathers, he watches his descendants with close interest and tries to help them succeed in life. In this book, Jerry offers us his grandfatherly observations and advice for those readers who want to grow up to be successful Agilists.
Inside, he describes some of the history leading up to Agile and looks at the strenghts and weaknesses of the key Agile principles. He's looking foward to evolving his impressions by using the feedback from active Agile readers.
If you're using Agile, or thinking about using Agile in the future, Agile Impressions will give you much of the background you need to be successful.
- Iterative Development: Some History
Was There Process Before Agile?
- Is Agile An Example of Incremental Development?
- Where Do You Place Agile?
- What Happens When the Customer Won’t Participate?
Agile and the Definition of Quality
- A Bug in the Family
- The Relativity of Quality
- Quality Is Value To Some Person
- The Impact on Agile Practices
Five Questions on Agile
- Q1: Why use Agile methods?
- Q2: Biggest challenge of implementing Agile methods?
- Q3: In what environment will Agile be most successful?
- Q4: What is the future of Agile?
- Q5: Can you recommend a book, blog, podcast, website, or other information source to our readers that you find interesting or intriguing right now?
Manifesto for Agile Software Development
- The Text of the Manifesto
- Signers of the Manifesto
- Principles Behind the Agile Manifesto
- The Placating Paradox
- How Can We Know We’re Placating?
- How to Stop Placating
- Everything Has a Cost
- Satisfy with Software
Welcoming Changing Requirements
- The Assumption of Fixed Requirements
Deliver Working Software Frequently
- The Prototype Pitfall
- Is It Really Agile?
Motivated and Trusted individuals
- Why Should You Trust Me?
- What Does “Trust” Mean Anyway?
- Why Do Technical Reviews?
- Maintenance Problems
- Disposable Programs
- Ordinary Maintenance Precautions
- Extraordinary Maintenance Precautions
- Agile Documentation
- A Tale of Effective Documentation
- A Moral
- Documentation, Not Documents
- Improve Quality of Workers
- It Is Agile to Study Yourself
- The University of Life
- Working Software is Primary
- Resting on Agile Laurels
- Becoming an Agile Team Leader
- Lessons from Chief Programmer Teams
- Audition Interviews
- Congruent Interviewing by Audition
- Simple is not Easy.
- What Is a Self-Organizing Team?
- Problem Solving Leadership Workshop
- The Myth of the Appointed Leader
Reflect and Adjust
- Why Regular Intervals?
- Adjusting Behavior
An Overriding Principle
- Is Waterfall the Opposite of Agile?
Why Agile Projects Sometimes Fail
- Common Mistakes in Building New Things
- The Underlying Failure
- How Teaming Skill Prevents Failure
- A Balance of Styles
Why People Don’t Instantly Buy Into Agile
- Another Story About Quality
- What’s Happening to Quality?
- Why Is Improving Quality So Difficult?
Beyond Agile Programming
- The Restructured Essay
- First Conclusion
- Second Conclusion:
- Third Conclusion:
- Fourth Conclusion:
- The Final Conclusion
- Where To Read the Original
The Leanpub 45-day 100% Happiness Guarantee
Within 45 days of purchase you can get a 100% refund on any Leanpub purchase, in two clicks.
See full terms...